[Video] - Drake Corsair, and winner of the Ursa rover within

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
FWIW it seems like the new "name your ship" feature might be bugged out right now.

Is it working for anyone?

Reactions: marcsand2 and Scape

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I have the same misgivings about asymmetry, especially when it is tacked on and not seemingly a result of form following function, but like Toys, the shape is growing on me.

I do love this size ship. I haven't heard whether it is really faster than the Conny, Mercury and 600i. What's with that? Corsairs are typically fast, light ships that can't take a punch. Like a Corvette and I think they names may share etymology. So how fast is it?

Reactions: marcsand2

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I do love this size ship. I haven't heard whether it is really faster than the Conny, Mercury and 600i. What's with that? Corsairs are typically fast, light ships that can't take a punch. Like a Corvette and I think they names may share etymology. So how fast is it?
We truly don't have statistics on it yet, but CIG is pegging it around the Connie - less missile, more gun but roughly equivalent firepower, speed, role. It would be a terrible ship to use as a heavy in combat. Treat it as a corvette, so hit fast, don't stick around unless you score big.

The other half of your question is something I did as a hobby, which was studying the Frankish influence in Europe. It's an example of how two words of similar origin can diverge, then converge again.

Corvette - comes from middle age French - old Dutch (was Lotharingia actually) - Corva meant small warship.
Corsare - Late middle ages French - Southern Frankish - Latin, but meant literally "Pirate boat"

Both terms have the same root: The latin term for "basket"

Forgot your password?