Video: Im close to losing it... 6yrs is just too long.

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
Never heard of the game, but anything that CD Projekt RED creates diserves attention!
Really loved Witcher 3, not the big single game guy but after doing full Witcher playthrough I just wanted some guy from Men In Black to come
erase my memory so I could start all over again!

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
There are a couple rumors floating around, but they are all from unconfirmed sources. There are things like it's 3x as big as the Witcher 3, it's more expensive than Witcher 3, some madness about multiplayer (since debunked), and so on. To date, I haven't found much for facts. CD Projekt Red has been purposefully silent.

From quotes I have gathered:

1. Cyberpunk 2077 is the biggest game they've worked on yet with more people involved than were ever in Witcher 3.
  2. They are actively co-creating with Mike Pondsmith (original creater of the Cyberpunk tabletop rpg)
  3. Some of the other old-school tabletop crew is involved, quitting their jobs at Microsoft and Wizards of the coast to get involved.
  4. The ad campaign is already planned out and is supposed to be really expensive.
  5. The release window is between 2017 and 2021 (the *beep* tweet would lean towards 2018 though)

That's about all I know for sure though.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077!

Yeah, I can't get into the Witcher 3 as much as I thought, either...I think it has to do with the fact the controls are a bit wonky for me, and I don't like 3rd person games as much as I like the first person view (like Skyrim and Morrowind...).

Edit --> hey, if you want to kiss Miyamoto, send him your Grindr handle, lol!

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
There's this interview as well. Most of it can be summed up by "I legally can't give you details, so I'm going to say a lot of meaningless words and dance around everything." There isn't much for substance, but there are a few nuggets in the bunch. It does drop some perspective on the history and passion behind the development.

Forgot your password?