[Video] Let's take the X56 HOTAS for a TEST flight in Star Citizen

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Seems like you're pleased overall with the joystick, even if its not the one you'll end up using most. Like Sutherland, I also just bought a Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS set with pedals. This is my first HOTAS set, still in the box as I haven't had time to set it up. For those that have tried both is the x56 HOTAS worth the extra 100 or so dollars for me to return the thrustmaster and pick it up? My main concerns would be responsiveness, controls (twist vs rudder pedals) and having enough buttons and toggles that I wouldn't have to go back and hit my keyboard for anything.

xATLASx

Captain
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
xATLASx
Yup! as @SoloFlyer mentioned I really want to upgrade. I have also heard that Logitech Hotas have a durability issue, both in hardware and configuration this taking in consideration Amazon reviews. If current owners of this setup would share some feedback it would help a lot. If now I will be like Sheldon Cooper deciding in between an Xbox or a PS4.

Thanks!

xATLASx

Captain
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
xATLASx
Ive heard that too, so Im going to be using this one as often as possible to see if I can come across any issues.

I know a lot of players who go dual stick on the t16000, that might be an option for you depending on your play style.
Yeah dual sticks are something to look at specially for someone like me that will be aiming for more security/military things within SC. It is good to have options though ... Warthog seems to be king of the hill as of now, but $400? Hmmm that might be a deal breaker ... Thats why the X56 is such an attractive alternative. Thanks for the reply sir!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Great review! I had such a hard time choosing a flying set for SC! Wife purchased the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS as a Xmas gift so I guess I am set for now. But this X56 seems like a good upgrade option for me. Would love some suggestions on the matter.

Thanks 4 the video!

Pura vida!

I really must have a dirty mind after spitting out my soda after reading the part "wife purchased the thrustmaster 60000"

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
What a great review! I picked up a Warthog /w pedals 2 years ago specifically for SC. Didn't get a chance to play with it yet. Going to set it up tonight and go nuts!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah dual sticks are something to look at specially for someone like me that will be aiming for more security/military things within SC. It is good to have options though ... Warthog seems to be king of the hill as of now, but $400? Hmmm that might be a deal breaker ... Thats why the X56 is such an attractive alternative. Thanks for the reply sir!
https://www.abt.com/product/120996/Thrustmaster-T.16000M-FCS-Space-Sim-Duo-Joysticks-2960815.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=sc&camptype=cpcUSGooglePLA&gclid=CjwKCAiAlvnfBRA1EiwAVOEgfGbVtoiwsKLMmyDAYVddHbtRsNrtHalDFxtRRJ8IFkLC0kNNnq0jMxoCRMEQAvD_BwE

sovapid

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2018
RSI Handle
sovapid
The joint/gimbal/articulation point, whatever you want to call it is a lot nicer on the T16000 compared to what is on the X56 (at least the one I have).

Where the X56 really shines is all the buttons and the two mini joysticks. The T16000 is lacking with the number of easily reachable buttons.

Reactions: xATLASx

xATLASx

Captain
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
xATLASx
The joint/gimbal/articulation point, whatever you want to call it is a lot nicer on the T16000 compared to what is on the X56 (at least the one I have).

Where the X56 really shines is all the buttons and the two mini joysticks. The T16000 is lacking with the number of easily reachable buttons.
If I find that is durable is VERY likely I will upgrade to one for sure. Warthog is waaaaaay to expensive as of right now. Maybe later.

Forgot your password?