[Video] My E3 favorites - Cyberpunk 2077, Anthem, Fallout 76

Doc Shaftoe

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
DocShaftoe
Good video, you raised to excellent points. I think we're all itching to get our hands on Cyberpunk 2077 just as much as you are. I have to admit that I'm real curious about Fallout 76. The more I hear about it the more curious I get. They've promised a lot of neat things like free updates and expansions for everyone, live events, and the possibility of a centralized "trade hub" for all players to sell things at via robot salesmen. If they build enough systems in there to encourage cooperation between groups of players we might start seeing something really special.

So far I've heard there are public workbenches in addition to your private CAMPs. I guess the public ones are larger and function more like the ones from Fallout 4, IE situated around important sites (mines, farms, etc) that can offer resources and need to be cleared of enemies first. The more opportunities for inter-group cooperation the better. It also sounds like the Nukes aren't intended to be used as griefing either, which is nice. Apparently they create endgame zones with super high-level loot and resources, sort of like creating a raid when and where you want and if you drop it on another settlement they're going to have first dibs on all that stuff. They're also saying it'll be super easy to repair your settlement after a nuke strike. So again, curious and cautiously optimistic but you're absolutely right that anyone expecting a more traditional Fallout experience is going to be disappointed.

But who knows, maybe we'll see player-made quests sort of like the player contracts and service beacons in Star Citizen. Either officially supported or unofficially supported. That alone would make for some interesting gameplay.

Cyberpunk still looks dope though. Can't wait for that one, especially after listening to the people who watched the live demo.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Great article over at Ars about Cyberpunk, by a real "journo" who wanted to convey his impression of the gameplay (shown in a press-only, 50 min demo), in a way that related to the video that we saw. TL;DR --> I'm even more excited!

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/06/cyberpunk-2077-world-premiere-50-minutes-of-william-gibson-level-insanity/
Whats worse?

Having seen the gameplay and then waiting for the game?

Or not seeing the gameplay and waiting for the game?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Whats worse?

Having seen the gameplay and then waiting for the game?

Or not seeing the gameplay and waiting for the game?
lol, BOTH!

In a nutshell, his description of the gameplay makes it sound like (even more than before) a game I really want to play. True, he only saw 50 minutes, and it all could change, but it sounds like CDPR is giving the game the depth and grand scale/vision that we have been hoping for!

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
So based on what the journalists saw during the 50-minute demo, it seems to me that Cyberpunk 2077 could not be played on current generation consoles. So, I'm guessing that CDPR will wait until the next Xbox and Playstation 5...so, 2020 release date?

EDIT: just saw this article, basically, the rig running the demo was a top of the line PC --> i7 8700k, 1080Ti, 32GB RAM, 512 M2 PCIe Samsung 960 Pro...like I said, I don't see this coming out on current gen consoles...
https://wccftech.com/e3-cyberpunk-2077-demo-1080ti-i7/

Last edited:
Forgot your password?