[VIDEO] Origin 890 Jump Grand Tour

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
FYI I've re-uploaded this video to satisfy my OCD. I needed to make two corrections, one to a picture of our fearless leader and two, to a short credit I had inserted. These wound up out of place when I went to trim the video but did not select the right trim option to make sure everything on "all" timelines moved as the video it self shrank. If you're willing to let it play in the background and re-add your thumbs up I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise thanks for checking it out the first time around. 😁

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Nice video 🍻 in a good way it was hilarious to see how lost you where in the ship at times but at the same time this gave a great sense how large this ship really is.
And we already have fish in the game, had that a long time in the hangar fish tank, they're just not working at the moment.. soon™ 🤪
Yeas it's the main suit can be used by captain or rented out as "penthouse suit" 🧐 🎩 I agree would be great with a explorer version of the 890j like "Star Trek Voyager"
And I already own one(two) tho at this point it is in my buyback cause some of the reason you mentioned, like there is little use for it now and it's not finished fully so I'll wait and see where it end.

A tip, if the menu is missing from interaction go in to PTU/user or LIVE/user folder which ever you're playing and in the shaders folder delete all inside the shaders folder and you get the menu back.
This works for most weird graphic anomalies in the game like water missing in pool, elevators that don't show, graphic that load in and look strange etc..
I taken it as a practice to after each session or before starting a new I delete all inside the "shaders" folder, that way game always start with fresh loaded stuff and any corrupt files will be gone.

CHEERS! 🍻

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I don't think I would ever get a ship like this, but everyone has a different set of goals, and some would align more with this than mine do. I think that thing is more of a high end mobile office than a battle ready capital ship, more for projecting an image. For me it's not impressive if it can be owned by writing a bigger check.
... But as a player owned game asset, in the right circumstances that ship looks amazing.
Thanks for taking the time to create this video.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Good vid Loic.

Yeah I agree. It's far too much style over function for me. I only own two ships at the moment, a Super Hornet and a Cutlass. That kind of tells you all you need to know about my play style. More power to the folks who get it though! I'll be lying if I say I don't want an invite to visit one!

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Wait!

Did you just talk yourself into buying one!

Good points made, it will be interesting to see the sales numbers behind this next sale for the $890.

When it sold for $600 initially, it was considered damn expensive then.
So... here's the weird thing. I'm kinda starting to like it the more I play around with it in the PTU. I don't know if it's just growing on me or if it's because it's the only ship that size available in game right now. The forward hangar bay can fit a 325a, which fitted with the right guns can be a decent little dog fighter, the aft cargo bay can house numerous land vehicles including a Ballista. So there's those uses. In the meantime, while we're still in Alpha, the ship makes for a great arena for some FPS action.

I don't know, if I eat my words and wind up buying one, I'll make a video about it for sure.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I love when I got through a video and realize I made some glaring mistakes. I trimmed the video down a little because it was originally over 40 min. I forgot to adjust the positioning of the elements on the second video track. I may fix and re-post to satisfy my OCD.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I really do want to watch this but i want to be surprised the first time i board one of these ships so i'll keep my hands and feet off this video.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I loaded up SC for the first time in a serious number of months just to walk around the 890J and see what the fuss was about. What little I did see was mighty pretty looking. Loaded in the battle bridge, saw the med bay, what I assume are crew quarters and bathrooms, the pool table and video game console and the hangar with the basketball half court. It was around then that the motion sickness started. Was weird because I hadn't gotten motion sickness playing the game before that I recall. Oh well, guess I'll have to start stocking up on the dramamine

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I really do want to watch this but i want to be surprised the first time i board one of these ships so i'll keep my hands and feet off this video.
Wait till it lands in the PU, then check out the video and let me know what you think? I had to re-post it with some fixes so the original comments are gone. But we had started a good discussion when I initially posted it.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Love the ship :love: I still haven't really explored all the uses of my Retaliator🤣 All I care is it has missiles for bad guys and will carry a box. You on the other hand have exploration heaven......Cheers!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Wait till it lands in the PU, then check out the video and let me know what you think? I had to re-post it with some fixes so the original comments are gone. But we had started a good discussion when I initially posted it.
Im actually waiting until the game game comes out before i walk around ships i dont own. I want to preserve the experience as much as possible i havnt played since levski first came out. Been trying to put the game behind my mind so that when it does come out im like holy crap where did the time go im 80 now!

Forgot your password?