Video: Vulcan concept sale

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
I always said we needed a roadside repair or tug boat. I can see this being a decent money maker. On the plus side its cheaper than a Terrapin which I think is inflated price wise. The Wrecking crew pack is a bit of a surprise. Instead of a Crucible they included two Avengers and an Eclipse. Firing S9 torps at anything is going to be expensive and maybe more so than the potential salvage.

If however you are starting out guess $900 for LTI tokens with Reclaimer, Vulcan and Eclipse with a new updated Avenger isn't so bad. Still doesn't beat the Exploration mega pack which was a good deal.

Glorious leader you didn't mention the fact that this is the only ship that can rearm, something that even the Crucible cannot do. Ships to rearm usually have to get back to the hangar. This ship apparently can do it while in space. This uniqueness makes it a must have especially during fleet battles.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Glorious leader you didn't mention the fact that this is the only ship that can rearm, something that even the Crucible cannot do. Ships to rearm usually have to get back to the hangar. This ship apparently can do it while in space. This uniqueness makes it a must have especially during fleet battles.
Good point, rearming has not been a topic before.

But I would assume that repair and rearm will be part of the same function, so the Crucible would be able to do it too (?).

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Thank you for the shout out Glorious Leader!

One of the things that I learned from today’s (Feb 16, 2018) “Reverse the Verse” is that food availability/quality and hygiene will matter. They discussed things like NPC vendors increasing prices 10 percent if you walk in out of the swamp into a nice upper class area without taking a shower or that some NPCs won’t talk to you if you have not showered in a week. They mentioned that hiring an NPC who can cook might increase crew morale, vs having frozen or freeze dried meals, and the if you have not eaten, you might get a debuff that gives you slower reflexes or makes you bleed out faster.

NPC crew might also reject orders if their morale or relationship/faction with you is not high enough.

So it looks like things like food stations, showers, and toilets will matter beyond role play.

Caboose

Commander
Feb 7, 2018
RSI Handle
Caboose_V2
I can see how the design reminds some of Master Chief considering the hull print bearing a close reference from "R-17" to that of Master Chief's call sign Sierra 117 (S-117). Also, Master Chief wore the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor which had a standard military green color with a gold plated visor worn by Spartan Comandos during and after the SPARTAN-II Program. Yes, I definitely see his spirit embodied into the ship. Nice design overall, very tactical, much wow.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
They mentioned that hiring an NPC who can cook might increase crew morale, vs having frozen or freeze dried meals, and the if you have not eaten, you might get a debuff that gives you slower reflexes or makes you bleed out faster.
Aww damn it.

I was hoping all the food in the future would be in pill form like the 1950's said it would be. :(

Seriously. Although eating is nice i'm not a foodie and would be happy on mealtabs or whatever food pills would be called.

Forgot your password?