Violent Video Games the truth.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Please tell us that story.
For a crime that Vavrik committed Back in 2009. See violent games lead to crimes Vavrik wished knew from the start. Before he got involved In playing Mario Kart. He was hugging the turns Heaving items for thrills Ain't seen a toad so damaged by shell since that last oil spill. But something happened to Vavrik's brain Doing virtual wrongs. Woke up the next morning And it wasn't too long before He was Dropping bananas Upon every street. Hurling turtles Hurting every single person he sees. Then he was road-raging at plumbers Nobody could stop me. He'd run princesses off the road so much he joined the paparazzi. Now he's in prison doing 20 to life How could such a game be legal man The danger is rife Well his fate is sealed Won't be doing right Because He's playing violent video games tonight And the things he did he then do in life It's a tragedy he's gonna be in jail for life

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I played the absolute shit out of Transport Tycoon and I now run a country spanning transportation empire of busses, trucks, planes and trains, so they must be on to something.

I don't do Ferries or other boats, because they were lame in the game so I won't be doing that in reality. You should see my fleet of 20 Concords flying between minor no-where towns, though - a sight to behold.

Larry Valdez

Ensign
Jul 19, 2018
RSI Handle
Larry
Today, video games have grown in popularity. As there are a number of critics against these games, they believe that playing them, particularly violent games, results in children becoming desensitized to not only violence, but their own ability to commit violent acts. They also believe that playing an extensive video game results in the development of unfriendly tendencies and the dissolution of good social skills.
But in research it has indicated that the playing of video games can help to improve mental sense when compared to non-gamers. There are some great post to read about multiplayer video games, where it says that the rise of playing a multi-player game can give you a new form of socializing in which players work together to solve problems.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
If the parents do their job what game the kids play doesn't matter it will not turn them violent...

It amaze me how grown up always have to find a escape goat for their lack of parenting when their kids do really stupid things.

Cause their kids are always good and the sweetest... Yeah Right! But then most kids are and with right parenting so will they stay.

There is no magic around that, period!

CHEERS! :beer: :beers: :beer: :beers:...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
If the parents do their job what game the kids play doesn't matter it will not turn them violent...

It amaze me how grown up always have to find a escape goat for their lack of parenting when their kids do really stupid things.

Cause their kids are always good and the sweetest... Yeah Right! But then most kids are and with right parenting so will they stay.

There is no magic around that, period!

CHEERS! :beer: :beers: :beer: :beers:...
That's because making kids is easy. Raising them to be well adjusted is hard and requires a sizeable time investment more then the initial 2 minutes.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
That's because making kids is easy. Raising them to be well adjusted is hard and requires a sizeable time investment more then the initial 2 minutes.
Yeah! So true, so true....
Maybe a parenting school where attendance is mandatory once you have a kid on the way could be a good start...
Not that I think it would change much in the end, but it might do some good for some new parents and give a alternative start.

I mean what we teach our young to do is our future, whether we like it or not. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:beer: :beers:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yeah! So true, so true....
Maybe a parenting school where attendance is mandatory once you have a kid on the way could be a good start...
Not that I think it would change much in the end, but it might do some good for some new parents and give a alternative start.

I mean what we teach our young to do is our future, whether we like it or not. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:beer: :beers:
Well, have you seen the stuff people have crafted to pair with YouTube children algorithms? Its not video games its this stuff.

https://www.ted.com/talks/james_bridle_the_nightmare_videos_of_childrens_youtube_and_what_s_wrong_with_the_internet_today?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Yeah this is a problem and I said it many times to some people, eye to eye is where you make progress on young on their way up in to adulthood.
Computers, Internet, TV shows, Media, are like any other tool and should only be used as such not as a replacement to parenting and education, Just as the pen and paper they're only tools.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Video Games are to blame man...it's true.

That's why South Korea and Japan have the highest number of mass shootings in the World. I mean all those Starcraft/League of Legends/Dragon Quest playing Asian kids are blood thirsty shooters.

/sarcasm
Comment redacted because I always end up pissing someone off when I talk about mass shootings haha But interesting comment, appreciated it.

Self censorship. Whatever will we come to next?

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I have never understood how all the people employed to censer stuff are not maniacs if it is so bad for us?

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?