VR LOVERS ONLY-- Sopwith VR - free on steam

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Its a very small download, good VR experience, I am turning the plane whilst looking behind me at my enemy.
Very simplistic but I think worth a go for FREE

Controls on the Rift
throttle -- move your hand to the throttle press trigger to grip it and move your hand
stick--- move your hand to the throttle press trigger to grip it and move your hand
fire--B
restart B and Y together

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
thanks, i just downloaded it. will try it out later tonight.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Interesting, with only one forward firing gun visible that's definitely not a Camel - would you be flying a Sopwith Pup?

EDIT - looked it up on Steam... based on the 1984 game Sopwith?! Epic, thats my favourite! Shame I don't have a VR headset...

The original 1984 version didn't indicate which Sopwith you were flying, gameplay footage on this games Steam listing shows it doesn't have an observer seat with a turret behind the pilot so it is isn't a 1 1/2 Strutter, most likely a Pup with just the one machine gun firing through the prop... but then it's got the semi-circle cut-out in the top wing of the Camel, whereas the Pup had a cutout with straight edges a lot more angular than circular... But the gun isn't set into the cowling like with the Camel, Dolphin or Snipe and they all had dual Vickers .303's anyway... With the single gun laying on top of the fuselage like that it must be a Pup with the top wing of a Camel...?

Last edited:
Forgot your password?