Vulcan sale soon and April 1st Scavenger hunt!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Check your emails...I got this in the body of the message:

"This Sunday, and in the spirit of holiday fun, our Community team will be hosting an in-game scavenger hunt all day long on April 1st, with the lucky winners snagging Aegis Vulcans. Keep a weather eye on comm-links this weekend for all the details.

If scavenger hunts aren't for you but Aegis Vulcans are, you still have a few days to pledge for our first concept ship of the year. What's that you say? Still not sure if the Vulcan is your kind of thing? Then check out our informative Q&A with the ship's designers. "

I wonder if we could do the Scavenger hunt as a team? Anybody interested?

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'll have a go if it's at a reasonable time of day, but as the US is 8 hours behind where I am if it starts at 5pm i'm not gonna be able to participate. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I've read the email now - all day!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
I find it extremely cruel of CIG to do a stunt like this when there isnt any chance for everyone to win. After all, it's only those lucky enough to have some magic combination of hardware and luck that can even get into the game long enough to make it out of the bunk that can MAYBE play.
Whatever they did in this patch made it impossible for me to play now when I could play fine in 3.0.
Crashes to desktop as soon as I get out of the damned bunk.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I find it extremely cruel of CIG to do a stunt like this when there isnt any chance for everyone to win. After all, it's only those lucky enough to have some magic combination of hardware and luck that can even get into the game long enough to make it out of the bunk that can MAYBE play.
Whatever they did in this patch made it impossible for me to play now when I could play fine in 3.0.
Crashes to desktop as soon as I get out of the damned bunk.

LETS JUST NOT DO ANYTHING FUN EVER

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Now that I read the rules, it sounds more "meh" than it did before:
from: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16483-Star-Citizen-Scavenger-Hunt

This Sunday, in the spirit of holiday fun, we invite you to take part in an old fashioned (but also thoroughly futuristic, in this case) Scavenger Hunt. Starting at 12am PDT on Sunday April 1st we’ll be tweeting out obscured images of a locations within the ‘Verse.

You, the players, must then track down the location, capture an image of your character standing in front of the hinted location, and reply to the twitter thread with your screenshot for that specific hinted image. The first person to successfully post an image of their character at the correct location wins that round.

We will tweet 8 images throughout the day, with the first at midnight (as we mentioned) and a new one going out every three hours, culminating in the final tweet at 9pm (all times PDT.)
I wish it was something more team-oriented/friendly, but, whatever.

I'll log in sometime around 7am PDT and see what's going on.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Hell with that.

I'll go play Pokémon Ultra Sun instead of this, however it's nice that they do this kind of thing, engaging the community and it's only in alpha.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Word on the street is that people are just cheesing the system by using old screen shots of them at these locations. Twitterverse is annoyed.

I'm just sitting over here eating chocolate easter eggs and watching Paw Patrol with my 2 year old. #lifeisgood

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Word on the street is that people are just cheesing the system by using old screen shots of them at these locations. Twitterverse is annoyed.
Y' know one day they'll stop bothering - and then the Twitterverse will bitch about how they don't bother anymore.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ah, crap. It's a picture of a lightbulb and 1/24th of a ginger person.

*Goes to PU*

Ah, update to 3.1, cool.

*Download: 20h remaining* *Competition ends at midnight*

Ah, see what you did there CIG. April fools day indeed.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Ah, crap. It's a picture of a lightbulb and 1/24th of a ginger person.

*Goes to PU*

Ah, update to 3.1, cool.

*Download: 20h remaining* *Competition ends at midnight*

Ah, see what you did there CIG. April fools day indeed.
Did you win?
DZtZ8vDX0AAzrvb.jpg

LOL!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Last edited:
Forgot your password?