wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Yep. That pretty much captures it. Then in 2 or 2 1/2 months or so you need a sequel, "Waiting for 3.2" ...
I already tried to sleep in many different places, so I'm prepared for v3.2, v3.3, ... vn ; )

By the way, little bird told me that 3.1 is "impressive"... Not sure about the performance -- I guess framerate has not improved significantly; PTU testers are probably having good framerate thanks to the small number of players -- but apparently *something* is actually impressive.

Attachments

Last edited:

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
By the way, little bird told me that 3.1 is "impressive"... Not sure about the performance -- I guess framerate has not improved significantly; PTU testers are probably having good framerate thanks to the small number of players -- but apparently *something* is actually impressive.
Well the Reclaimer has to be impressive, because just look at it. But in all seriousness I hope its a very enjoyable build similar to 2.6.3. Close friends stopped playing when 3.0 came out as it broke a lot of the gameplay that kept them interested and I don't fault them in the slightest as combat is a chore currently.

Same thing every year, the "real" Christmas patch doesn't come out until Q2 of the following year.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Well the Reclaimer has to be impressive, because just look at it. But in all seriousness I hope its a very enjoyable build similar to 2.6.3. Close friends stopped playing when 3.0 came out as it broke a lot of the gameplay that kept them interested and I don't fault them in the slightest as combat is a chore currently.

Same thing every year, the "real" Christmas patch doesn't come out until Q2 of the following year.
I actually like 3.0 flight model much more than 2.6.3. Yes, there are certain ships that are now much worse, but overall, I think they improved things. 2.6.3 was kinda boring for anything other than a fighter, which is only one small part of the game. 3.0 gave us a glimpse of the broader game.

Reactions: wmk and Blind Owl

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I actually like 3.0 flight model much more than 2.6.3. Yes, there are certain ships that are now much worse, but overall, I think they improved things. 2.6.3 was kinda boring for anything other than a fighter, which is only one small part of the game. 3.0 gave us a glimpse of the broader game.
Looks like the flight control system is going to be updated in 3.1 too --

IFCS - Balance/Tuning iteration tasks
Category: Gameplay

2/3 tasks completed

Updated Mar. 10th 2018
Continued work on the game's underlying Flight Control System that handles ships and vehicles moving both in atmosphere and in space. Tasks include general improvement, bugfixes and updates to the control algorithm.
-- although the fight model would probably not be changed, I hope this means the flight controls would be tweaked to make the flight more realistic. I've been flying in coupled/decoupled mode from the very beginning, with the decoupled mode used not only in dogfight, but when taking off or landing (actually I'm using it most of the times), mainly because coupled mode makes the flight unrealistic, especially in case of smaller ships. Even in 3.0 small or medium ships are stopping and turning too fast in my opinion.

/ If the flight control algorithm is updated heavily, ships will be falling down everywhere; gotta bring an umbrella on the day 3.1 is released /

Forgot your password?