Wallets around the 'verse rejoice! You have been spared!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Hey All,

So we all got pretty freakin' excited that Javelin was out and were seriously wondering whether to pursue another org funding goal. However, now that the hangover has passed and we can finally think somewhat clearly, Montoya and I decided to call off the funding goal since that amount of money could be used much better to pursue other goals in the future (maybe get 100s of $20 Auroras? kidding :p or am I? goon spai leak this? classified & redacted).

Anyway we want you all to keep your ships and NOT MELT them simply to get a ship we can easily obtain in game as we have thousands of members to work together with a common goal (ultimate drink championships and running TEST bar chain). Also plenty of TEST members seem to be getting the Javelins anyway so we can always camp out uninvited in their Javelin sewage systems.

Anyway enjoy the week :)

Yours Sincerely,
Montoya and Seung

The Heroes Wallets Need, But Don't Deserve

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
To further elaborate on this decision:

After 24hrs, TEST members have tentatively pledged $1300 towards getting an org Javelin.

I have no doubt that we can raise the full $2500 in two or three days, but I feel these funds are best used for other ships.

We have at least 4-6 Javelins already lined up from several regulars in teamspeak and RSI live chat.

Im pretty sure there are at least another 4-6 Javelins out there from members who do not check in often.

Starting off the game with all these Javelins right off the bat is already more than enough.

Instead, we feel that the funds will be better spent on ships that can build infrastructure and generate income for the org, like the Orion mining ship and the Hull C.

Chris Roberts thanks you all for your frivolous spending and willingness to throw money at internet spaceships!

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Actually kinda relieved that this happened because we'll need more support ships at the beginning and getting our logistics set up before we can even try to maintain a capital ship that large.

Btw I call front co-pilot seat on RussianJ's Javelin so I have a place to sleep in battle.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Actually kinda relieved that this happened because we'll need more support ships at the beginning and getting our logistics set up before we can even try to maintain a capital ship that large.

Btw I call front co-pilot seat on RussianJ's Javelin so I have a place to sleep in battle.
Brother called Pilot already so second helm is open. I plan on taking the Captains seat. Will be a blast to see all the TESTies trying to fly it.

As for the Jav, I will always be open to helping my friends in TEST if they need it. They loot your Aurora? Fire up the Jav and get to work.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Brother called Pilot already so second helm is open. I plan on taking the Captains seat. Will be a blast to see all the TESTies trying to fly it.

As for the Jav, I will always be open to helping my friends in TEST if they need it. They loot your Aurora? Fire up the Jav and get to work.
Disproportionate retribution is awesome!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Disproportionate retribution is awesome!
When my inevitable ship is shot out from under me in a fight I'll calmly wake up in the nearest TEST Hospital with the following song and a big grin on my face:

I will then say the following to a TEST member I am on good terms with who also has a Javelin: "My aurora was shot out from under me while I was hauling beer"

A set of Javelin keyes will immediately be slapped into my waiting hand with the following song being heard as a team of crack TEST pilots(I call these guys TEST SWATdron) is assembled around me.

Much ass will be kicked in all of this as we bring overwhelming force on a single target for such a major insult to our cause.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle

Imagine 3 months after the PU launch and some poor rookie shoots down a Teste. He proudly proclaims in his org's chat of his newest accomplishment and is promptly ejected from the org for being a goddamn idiot and moments later 3 Javelins drop in to pay him a visit. Poor bastard.

Forgot your password?