"Warbond Weekend" Sale

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
May be the start of a new series of promotion, like every months there will be a weekend promotion to upgrade one of your ship to a better one.
Could be a good idea to allow people to get limited-time sales ship acreoss the whole year and have a more distributed income across all the months rater that have it concentrated during the 'con and IAE...

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I went through contortions to get my hands on an LTI Freelancer MIS on the understanding that it would be a rare, limited-edition ship

oh well

it's still a great ship

it just doesn't do as much for my e-peen as I had hoped

edit: if they're pushing warbond sales it must mean they're running out of cash, amirite?

hit the panic button!

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm interested but I'm getting an Error code 500 on after the gray overlay comes down when I click more info, and can't see the upgrades page either cos it does the same... =(
I've seen similar on other forums, apparently the key to success seems to be just persisting with it until you get a session without the error..

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It worked! And then I saw the price and noped out. 200bucks for a jpeg is still too rich for me
Totally understandable the CCU options seem a little friendlier although looking the list of ships I can upgrade from includes my 350R, which should not be able to be upgraded as it has the upgrade kit on it...?

Last edited:

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
CR: "Dude, we got all these ships that we already did a limited ship sale that are just digital assets waitin to make money, but we already did the anniversary sale. How can we make these make more money."
OF: "Why don't we just sell them again as upgrades, with no LTI and like 10 bucks cheaper?"
CR: " . . . . . . . genius! . . . Now hows that Crytek thing going?"
OF: " . . . . . I hate you . . . . "

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
CR: "Dude, we got all these ships that we already did a limited ship sale that are just digital assets waitin to make money, but we already did the anniversary sale. How can we make these make more money."
OF: "Why don't we just sell them again as upgrades, with no LTI and like 10 bucks cheaper?"
CR: " . . . . . . . genius! . . . Now hows that Crytek thing going?"
OF: " . . . . . I hate you . . . . "
I think they did it drug-dealer style: they gave everyone a Freelancer to fly around in cos of the bugs with other ships and so on - this was the free sample - and now that everyone with lesser ships got hooked on it, they dangle the "it's on sale" bait, and wait for the - now addicted - fishies to bite.
It works, at least it almost worked on me. Probably would have but I have very strict goals set to myself to earn these ships in-game. Also my wallet being very empty might had something to do with it lol

To be more realistic, I don't think this was premeditated. They realised they had an opportunity to sell it to wider audience who might not have bought it if they didn't had the chance to play around with it first.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
I think they did it drug-dealer style: they gave everyone a Freelancer to fly around in cos of the bugs with other ships and so on - this was the free sample - and now that everyone with lesser ships got hooked on it, they dangle the "it's on sale" bait, and wait for the - now addicted - fishies to bite.
It works, at least it almost worked on me. Probably would have but I have very strict goals set to myself to earn these ships in-game. Also my wallet being very empty might had something to do with it lol

To be more realistic, I don't think this was premeditated. They realised they had an opportunity to sell it to wider audience who might not have bought it if they didn't had the chance to play around with it first.
I couldn't bring myself to just get the MIS. Its pretty, but for a cargo hauler I think only $10 off the regular upgrade, which I still have to provide the previous insurance level for, isn't enough. If I'm willing to drop $375, I can get a MOLE and the freelancer MAX with LTI. Mole normally costs $275, which means the Freelancer MAX is only another $100 with LTI at that point. Expensive package, but still a better deal if you want to get a freelancer with LTI and a MOLE too.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I couldn't bring myself to just get the MIS. Its pretty, but for a cargo hauler I think only $10 off the regular upgrade, which I still have to provide the previous insurance level for, isn't enough. If I'm willing to drop $375, I can get a MOLE and the freelancer MAX with LTI. Mole normally costs $275, which means the Freelancer MAX is only another $100 with LTI at that point. Expensive package, but still a better deal if you want to get a freelancer with LTI and a MOLE too.
You're applying logic. That makes no sense; you're in TEST!
;)

Starscribe

Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
I couldn't bring myself to just get the MIS. Its pretty, but for a cargo hauler...
It's a missile boat though really. I don't haul cargo. I pew pew. And for all the naff visibility issues and slightly sluggish turn rate, it's the best fighting ship I've flown. Arena commander is a breeze. Shields front. Power redirected. Lock missiles as you engage. Can't shoot them down? Taking damage. Hit the I win missile button. 'Unleash Hell!'. In most ships, that's a trick you can't pull a second or third time. In the MIS? Just.. keep.. launching.

I don't haul in it - I've got a MAX for that. Cargo is too limited for me so if you want a hauler, look elsewhere. Mole + MAX is a splendid choice there as you say. Aaaaand sooner or later they might realise the MIS is too much of a beast and / or tune up other ships. But for the moment, it's my go-to and if I could only have one ship in the verse currently, it would be my MIS.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting

To be fair there is a lot of evidence for this, the free Freelancer for the past couple of weeks has proven very popular, with a huge amount of people who would not otherwise fly one because of its looks or its price or what ever actually finding out they are really great little ships.
The better thing to do would have been to put the whole Freelancer range up on sale with a $10 discount and not just the fighty one in my opinion as I still think the MAX is the best one overall.

Forgot your password?