[WARNING: SPOILERS] Game of Thrones.....are you in the game?

Game of Thrones fan? Ofcourse you are....yes....YES

• Total voters

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Not quite sure how this has been missed, how, HOW is there not a thread about this series? There aren't many shows on TV that spend a
="whole season torturing a character for unkown reasons with the climatic end of cutting his old fella off! :eek: Poor Theon. THAT my friends is television. Thank god the next season has rolled through with episode 2 just passed. Wont spoil it for anyone that hasn't watched it yet.........erm......Snow resurrected!! LOL Is your own fault for not watching it already!"
:cool: Was on TV show withdrawals with the Walkingdead and Vikings rolling up for another year. Unfortunately I have to deal with some people like one of my apprentices, 18 and only likes the Sopranos......WTF.......how can I work in these conditions? Lots of fun times ahead......for 8 weeks anyway then the tears will come.

If you want heads rolling, boobies flashing, knifes in backs and peewees amputated

GAME OF THRONES IS THE SHOW FOR YOU!!!!!! :D

Let me know your thoughts on this masterpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

belst

Captain
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
belst
I think the storyline in the books makes more sense. Some plots in the show kinda seem forced so they can get someone somewhere so he can do some stuff there.

But production wise it is a hell of a show :D

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hate GoT. Naw, not really. Its kind of "hate what GRR Martin does to his charakters". I've written for myself, read a lot o' books and was one of the first - very pleased - readers of "A Song of Ice and Fire", which is the original title. I've stated it in another thread before: the more I read the more problems I got with the writing philosophy of Martin; except he has fantastic writing skills! But his disrespect for his own charakters hasn't only killed them but me, too. When the red wedding happend, I nearly throw that damn book away. It took me about four or six weeks to read on, but I never found back into the story and left it somewhere after the middle of the fifth book.

That said, I watched some episodes of the first season of the nowadays named "Game of Thrones" and found them well crafted. But knowing where this whole bullshit leads, I haven't even finished watching the first season. I hate it, and I hate Martin for what he is doing to his chars. And if you wish, I will state that again; and again. Full stop.

belst

Captain
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
belst
You can keep watching the show. The show will drift away from the books further in the later seasons. So you won't know everything already. +The current season is partially based on "book 6". So new stuff there aswell.

On the one hand I dislike the sudden deaths of major characters, but on the other hand it keeps you always wondering what will happen next. It is not like some bad written stories where you read the first page and know how the book ends.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm a fan of Hollywood-movies - I WANT to know how it ends when the film starts ;) Films (and books) for me are for fun, not for suffering. Suffer is for real life.

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
I'm a little meh on this current season, it seems things are a bit rushed atm. Personally I thought this season of Black Sails though rocked!!!

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Please use spoiler tags when posting major show spoilers.

Spoiler function is:

[.SPOILER]

your text here

[/SPOILER.]

(Remove periods)

Last edited:

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
How about we just make this entire thread one giant spoiler shield? Regardless this season is on point so far.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Please use spoiler tags when posting major show spoilers.

Spoiler function is:

[.SPOILER]

your text here

[/SPOILER.]

(Remove periods)

Damn....only took me 2 days and I've copped a headlock from a moderator!!! LOL:eek: Must be losing my touch in my older years to take that long! LOL Alittle out of practice with the whole "spoiler" thing, apologizes buddy.

It can be guaranteed that a deserving punishment of the appropriate severity shall be imposed for my actions to ensure that there is no repeats!!!!!!! :mad:

......wellllllllllll.....until I forget and do it again! LMAO

On the positive side I'm potty trained atleast. :D

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Egriz is killed by Sethios, Joffery head is on the mountain and montoya has a huge banana hamock. Also fuck the sand snackes and fuck the producers of Dorne.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Egriz is killed by Sethios, Joffery head is on the mountain and montoya has a huge banana hamock. Also fuck the sand snackes and fuck the producers of Dorne.

What's interesting is that you can edit the spoiler shield and no one will really know.

Also yeah, here's hoping no more Dorne this season or ever now that they fucked it up so badly.

Yep that's about right.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I like the Queens in this series. I'd totally like to do various things to almost anyone of them. That bird lady in sky tower is a bit much, but all those Sarah Connors, yum! And Rose lady, DE-AAAAAMN! Even those Dorne scorpion girls.... Scorpios have more fun, apparently

Last edited:

WhooptyWoo

Admiral
Donor
Jul 18, 2014
RSI Handle
WhooptyWoo
I very much like what Martin does with his characters. Yes he kills off a lot of them and a lot of them that I care about, BUT he always does it for a reason. They don't just die for shock effect.

The people who died at the Red Wedding died for a reason. They made bad decisions, very bad decisions. These decisions not only got them killed, but also threw the kingdom further into chaos.

The show could almost be called, "The Stark family makes horrible choices that destroy themselves and everyone around them."

The only Starks I respected after season two were the three youngest. Arya is such a fucking badass!!!

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Ok, since the weekend has hit I finally have some time on my hands again. Last count it was 4 pillows we need for members? :rolleyes:

Cant say I have read the books although I do actually have them all oddly enough. More of a visual sort of person I guess and I dont see how a book could possibly top the production values of this TV series. Anyway, I hear what Sam is saying but that is exactly the reason I love it. Life isnt like the movie Frozen, more often than not life isnt full of fairy floss and rainbows. I realize the fact that Movies and books are a portal away from the downers life can offer sometimes but I guess everyone is alittle different and people need to do whatever puts a smile on their face. For myself, I just love the fact its out of the box, so very different to all the other stories, movies, TV series out there. Most things these days tend to hold onto some of those characters even when they may drive us nuts because they are whats carrying the story along. I think Martin has found a way where you grow to love a character and then he takes it away, which actually makes you love the character more and pulls out more emotion for the story being told. Kinda reminds me of some of the movies that did things alittle differently from the rest back in the day like Matrix, Fight Club, so on, where the storyline would backflip on a dime and youd be wondering what was going to happen next rather than the norm where you could guess the ending at the start. I think this has taken it a step further with Game of Thrones, it throws away the rule book and draws in an audience where they become far more emotionally investing, not just in a single character but the cause. Would probably have to be my most favorite TV series of all time.

Id still suggest for the people that are put off for whatever reason, give it another go, you may find you will actually love it! On that note, I'll hold off on the premeditated homicide for the moment! :p

ACrzyRussian

Captain
Donor
Jan 30, 2016
RSI Handle
ACrzyRussian
Ok, since the weekend has hit I finally have some time on my hands again. Last count it was 4 pillows we need for members? :rolleyes:

Cant say I have read the books although I do actually have them all oddly enough. More of a visual sort of person I guess and I dont see how a book could possibly top the production values of this TV series. Anyway, I hear what Sam is saying but that is exactly the reason I love it. Life isnt like the movie Frozen, more often than not life isnt full of fairy floss and rainbows. I realize the fact that Movies and books are a portal away from the downers life can offer sometimes but I guess everyone is alittle different and people need to do whatever puts a smile on their face. For myself, I just love the fact its out of the box, so very different to all the other stories, movies, TV series out there. Most things these days tend to hold onto some of those characters even when they may drive us nuts because they are whats carrying the story along. I think Martin has found a way where you grow to love a character and then he takes it away, which actually makes you love the character more and pulls out more emotion for the story being told. Kinda reminds me of some of the movies that did things alittle differently from the rest back in the day like Matrix, Fight Club, so on, where the storyline would backflip on a dime and youd be wondering what was going to happen next rather than the norm where you could guess the ending at the start. I think this has taken it a step further with Game of Thrones, it throws away the rule book and draws in an audience where they become far more emotionally investing, not just in a single character but the cause. Would probably have to be my most favorite TV series of all time.

Id still suggest for the people that are put off for whatever reason, give it another go, you may find you will actually love it! On that note, I'll hold off on the premeditated homicide for the moment! :p

Exactly this, when people make stupid decisions in the show they get the proper consequences. There is no magical protagonist who always does the right thing and always gets away with anything.

On a side note, if you have the books and the time definitely read them. Theres a whole lot of details you miss from just watching, and GRRM is great at world building. He puts a ton of detail into his writing.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Exactly this, when people make stupid decisions in the show they get the proper consequences. There is no magical protagonist who always does the right thing and always gets away with anything.

The deaths fit the crimes! Promise to marry one girl,use her fathers army,and then knock up someone else? Slice off with your head!
Prick king? Choke on your wine!
Murder for vengeance? Goodbye eyes!
Betrayed your adopted family and murder farm boys and take over a castle? Wang no more!
George definitely knows the seven deadly sins lol

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
The deaths fit the crimes! Promise to marry one girl,use her fathers army,and then knock up someone else? Slice off with your head!
Prick king? Choke on your wine!
Murder for vengeance? Goodbye eyes!
Betrayed your adopted family and murder farm boys and take over a castle? Wang no more!
George definitely knows the seven deadly sins lol
How do you explain Daenerys? She has fucked up so much she can't even keep her titles straight or a single fucking city under control. "I'm going to control all of Westeros!" Fails at controlling a single city with a army capable of seizing Westeros and 3 dragons.

She needs General Mattis to go kick her ass and teach her a lesson in occupation.

Forgot your password?