Wassup

Ringsplitter

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2021
RSI Handle
Ringsplitter
Morning all, il put as much effort into this as I would into your mum (approx 30 seconds)
New to SC and love it. No idea what I’m doing and wanted to join a group of people who look like they are more interested in fun than much else…
Casual gamer due to work/fam commitments
PG warning - Dark sense of humour
Spartan on discord/Steam
Ringsplitter on SC (some sod already took my acclaimed gaining handle)

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Welcome!

I want a farm.

Not so that I can make food. Just so that I can store cars in all the outbuildings. :D

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
or to legitimately drive tractors through sheds without neighbours complaining
I think my ideal farm would be barns full of old japanese cars, fields full of solar pannels, and a nice big farm house with log burners and a cracking fire going and a couple of doggy woggys keeping me company.

Let me know if you need a lodger!!!! :D

/TestDreams

** wakes up back in 1 bed flat **

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
lol, I have been stuck doing my day job. Life sucks sometimes, usually 8 to 5 Monday to Friday.
Is that AM to PM? huh, noob...
Last three days I was doin that but AM to AM.
I win?

@Ringsplitter This is a good introduction for you on how TEST forums work. Any Thread that ran it's course of on-topic discussion or is older than 5 seconds, has to be degenerated into shitposting. This is the way!

Reactions: vahadar and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Is that AM to PM? huh, noob...
Last three days I was doin that but AM to AM.
I win?
Sorry. for you that's 8h to 17h or something like that. But I don't count what I do between 17h and whenever I pass out as work, even though it looks like it most days. I'm really beginning to dislike entityframeworkcore. If you know what that is, then you feel my pain. And maybe you win, maybe you don't... all we can do is keep on truckin.

@Ringsplitter This is a good introduction for you on how TEST forums work. Any Thread that ran it's course of on-topic discussion or is older than 5 seconds, has to be degenerated into shitposting. This is the way!
AND I ran out of the good beer.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Sorry. for you that's 8h to 17h or something like that. But I don't count what I do between 17h and whenever I pass out as work, even though it looks like it most days. I'm really beginning to dislike entityframeworkcore. If you know what that is, then you feel my pain. And maybe you win, maybe you don't... all we can do is keep on truckin.

AND I ran out of the good beer.
There's another teachable moment, thank you @Vavrik !
Remember to Dont't Run Out of Good Beer!

I dunno what entityframeworkCore means, but it sounds disgustingly networkprogramming-like. You win fo sho.

Yeah I understand what 8 to 5 =17 is. I meant 8am to 5am next day.
I was fixing/delivering my vfx shots. Ya know, the *final_finalfinal_reallyfinal_fix_deliver_final22_v922.final.extension files. It's a meme but true.

Little secret of the movie VFX trade: most directors don't give a flyin f**k about the VFX for months, until the last couple of weeks when you start delivering what were supposed to be already accepted final shots. Then they want everything changed, then you are up for two weeks straight doing everything again, sometimes from literally zero. Then on the originally agreed deadline when you finally delivered the last shot, it all starts again as they go into the colorist booth (actually most movies these days are colored on a proper cinema screen in a 50+ seat theater so booth is a bit misleading) and start nitpicking on stuff they wanted put in and accepted and thanked you for just 24 hours ago. Ya know, really important meaningful shit, like how the 2 frame long glint on a vase on the very edge of the screen that gets cut off in most theaters should be a tiny bit brighter. Really deep stuff.
Then it turns out there is still 3 months until release, so all the rush, pain and suffering was for absolutely nothing. Worst thing is unless you are working on something like a Marvel movie, no one's gonna see it outside the private premier where it's shown to the people who worked on it and the investors. Like most of the movies I worked on lol.

Then when you are actually done (sometimes just an hour before the movie premiers!), you go home, and die in front of the fridge when you realize you ran out of even the bad beer.

Note that I'm not complaining here. I got beer in the fridge still, some of it really good. I like my job. Keep on truckin!

O shit I just remembered I forgot to hide a test logo in this one! Fuuuuu..... I wanted to hide test logo in a movie for so long but I only worked on ads in the last year! Dammit!

Reactions: vahadar and Vavrik
Forgot your password?