What are your experiences Mining so far?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I wish there was a way to jump the power to set percents instead of having to scroll up or down. Also it would be nice to have a modifier button on the power increase level instead of basing it on the speed you are scrolling the mouse wheel. Right now it increases in large numbers if you are scrolling fast and small numbers if you are scrolling slow. But sometimes i want to make fast small adjustments or slow large adjustments.

I do like the fact that the ore in the rock seems to clump together supporting the concept of veins which is how it is in rl.

Reactions: Black Sunder

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I am now mining Ariel. I can consistently get between 10-20k in 30-45 minutes. Great for someone with almost no starting cash for going into trade.

Mine Bexalite. It sells for over 1k/percent at 32 SCU. You can usually find 5-8 percent rocks within 15 minutes. ONLY mine the high concentrations of Bexalite, then move to another rock.

With a good scouting crew, this could be cut down significantly (one finds rocks while the miners mine). Usually takes a minute or two to crack the rock the first time.

For miners, get a cheap throttle and map your mining power to it. The longer the throw, the finer the control. I find it to be indispensable for mining.

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I kind of gave up on mining, at first it was interesting and new. But got old for me fast, the tedium of hunting down rocks just wasn't fun for me. Better when the changed the way % of materials worked but was too late to keep my interest. Melted my prospector

Reactions: Radegast74

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I kind of gave up on mining, at first it was interesting and new. But got old for me fast, the tedium of hunting down rocks just wasn't fun for me. Better when the changed the way % of materials worked but was too late to keep my interest. Melted my prospector
3.4 is supposed to have further improvements. Might be worth taking a look at again.

Reactions: Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
With a good scouting crew, this could be cut down significantly (one finds rocks while the miners mine). Usually takes a minute or two to crack the rock the first time.

Make's me want the Orion in game even more.

A.Santos

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 6, 2016
RSI Handle
A_Santos
Just love it !

but one thing i would like....
is to be able to separate and flush out the stuff you dont want in your hold

QUESTION :
anyone made a list, of the type of rocks and what they contains

Ohh btw .... Thalstan are you mining the surface or asteroids for Bexalite ?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Just love it !

but one thing i would like....
is to be able to separate and flush out the stuff you dont want in your hold

QUESTION :
anyone made a list, of the type of rocks and what they contains

Ohh btw .... Thalstan are you mining the surface or asteroids for Bexalite ?
surface

Reactions: A.Santos

Spectre33

Space Marshal
Apr 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Spectre33
I enjoyed it while I was doing it, but every 20sec or so my cargo would reset and I would lose everything I just mined. After server hopping and restarting my client I gave up. likely a one off bug. Might try again later if the rental has not ended. That said I am happy to see that mining is fairly profitable.

Last edited:

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
I am now mining Ariel. I can consistently get between 10-20k in 30-45 minutes. Great for someone with almost no starting cash for going into trade.

Mine Bexalite. It sells for over 1k/percent at 32 SCU. You can usually find 5-8 percent rocks within 15 minutes. ONLY mine the high concentrations of Bexalite, then move to another rock.

For miners, get a cheap throttle and map your mining power to it. The longer the throw, the finer the control. I find it to be indispensable for mining.
I tried mining at Ariel, only seem to be able to find rocks with 0.01 percent of Bexalite. Where do you usually go tp find the higher percentage? Any type of landmark you follow?

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
Mining asteroides can be painfull because you sometimes spend alot of time to find a single rock and when there is just copper and alimunium in it you just go blehh...........

Space mining i go for borase and laranites. Usualy due to the difficulty to find rock i can get 10-20k in a 1 hour run (that s if you are lucky enough to find laranite and borase).

On ground i havnt realty checked yet but noticed that Hephaestanite goes for a decent price.

I know it s not up to everyone to be able to afford it but i binded the lazer throttle to the second throttle of the warthog dual throttle. That way i can separate it when mining.

I clearly recommand to bind a throttle for mining as it realy make things easier.

Reactions: Black Sunder
Forgot your password?