What are your thoughts on the 325a?

Would you get a 325a?

• Total voters

aLumberingOx

Commander
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
LumberingOx
I recently traded in my Mustang Beta for the Origin 325a. I wanted something a little more versatility like minor cargo running while still being able to do some decent damage.

What are y'all's opinions on it? What seems to be an excellent weapons load out? Is there something else that could be a better potential candidate down the road?

I do know it isn't a designated fighter superiority craft which I tend to get later down the road.

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
I don't like the 325a because it doesn't like me. The only time I have ever crashed to desktop upon entering a ship was with the 325a, and from that point on I hate it with a passion.

FortuneBlack

Rear Admiral
Dec 26, 2015
RSI Handle
FortuneBlack
I recently traded in my Mustang Beta for the Origin 325a. I wanted something a little more versatility like minor cargo running while still being able to do some decent damage.

What are y'all's opinions on it? What seems to be an excellent weapons load out? Is there something else that could be a better potential candidate down the road?

I do know it isn't a designated fighter superiority craft which I tend to get later down the road.
If you're looking for a ship with just about as much dogfighting capability as the 325A I would have to suggest the Avenger Titan. It's got a lot more cargo room and seems much more versatile than the 325A. I like both of them though and the 300 series is sexy.

Reactions: Carlos Spicyweiner

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
I have heard the 300 series is getting a rework but who knows. I had the 325A it was meh, I feel the Avenger is far superior. If money is not a issue I would suggest a Cutlass black if you want firepower and cargo. But you either love or hate the cutlass.

aLumberingOx

Commander
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
LumberingOx
Yeah. N o more spending for me. I have an Aurora and the 325a. I heard about the rework and hoping that something good will come of it. The craft seems rather nimble in a fight, just lacks some solid punching power. Maybe allow the front nose mount hold at least a S3 instead of just a S2 weapon.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
The 325a is solid little ship. It's a decent dogfighter, it can carry a bit of cargo, and it's fairly quick. Definitely a step above the starter ships, but it gets outclassed by other more focused ships.

Reactions: aLumberingOx

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
This was my primary ship for a long time (but then my wallet suffered some casualties thanks to @NKato) and i liked it. I'm not even sure why they scheduled update of it, it seems finished right now.

AwesomeDude

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 25, 2015
RSI Handle
TheAwesomeDude
325a is excellent if you can fly well and are good at aiming. I really like it in it's current state and with the incoming buff i think it will be more than worth it. It has decent armament and is quite maneuverable, you cant really just charge in headfirst with it. the 325 is very good at orbital and turning fights.

FortuneBlack

Rear Admiral
Dec 26, 2015
RSI Handle
FortuneBlack
I like the Avenger a lot. I just wish the weapons on the wingtips didn't pop off like they're hot glued on. Every time I smash into an asteroid (which happens a lot) I end up disarming myself.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I like the 325a, but there's no bathroom and the boarding ladder won't retract. The Mustang Beta has a bathroom, storage for "cargo"(aka BEER), and a TV! Not to mention that after scientific testing in combat, I've found that I get my ass shot down in a 325a just as frequently as I do in the Mustang(100% of the time), but the Mustang is much cheaper!

SirDigby

Lieutenant
Feb 11, 2016
RSI Handle
SirDigby
You know if you think about it, as time progresses, the answer to this question should be "if you can afford an X, then go with that. If not the Y is fine."

So in this case, "If you can afford an Avenger Titan, then go with that. If not the 325A is fine."

There might be some exceptions depending on the role you want to play and some specializations (i.e. I think for everybody the Hornet Ghost isn't an updated over a regular Hornet). But for some of the more common types of ships (standard, single person, multipurpose ship that can fight), this should become gospel.

(again unless CIG screws the pooch and something unexpected get dubbed the best ship in game despite being relatively cheap).

flickdbean

Admiral
Jan 17, 2016
RSI Handle
flickdbean
You know if you think about it, as time progresses, the answer to this question should be "if you can afford an X, then go with that. If not the Y is fine."

So in this case, "If you can afford an Avenger Titan, then go with that. If not the 325A is fine."
what? how do you figure that out, when the 325 is more expensive than the avenger? 325a= $84 avenger stalker= $72 avenger titan= $60.
i know it's been a while since i've been to school, but as far as i remember, $84 is more than $60. is that not the case anymore? a full $24, or 40% more expensive, in fact.
as far as the 325a goes, i like it. i'm using a Panther upfront and badgers on the wings. it flies really well and has plenty of firepower. if you use the omnisky-vi's and sledge that it comes with as standard, it hits even harder but it overheats very quickly. i'd say from my limited time with the hornet, aurora and mustang on the free fly time recently i definitely don't regret buying a 325a. the hornet has more survivability, as it seems to be able to take a fair bit more punishment, but imo doesn't look anywhere near as nice.

flickdbean

Admiral
Jan 17, 2016
RSI Handle
flickdbean
Yeah. N o more spending for me. I have an Aurora and the 325a. I heard about the rework and hoping that something good will come of it. The craft seems rather nimble in a fight, just lacks some solid punching power. Maybe allow the front nose mount hold at least a S3 instead of just a S2 weapon.
it does hold an s3 if you take the gimble out.

SirDigby

Lieutenant
Feb 11, 2016
RSI Handle
SirDigby
what? how do you figure that out, when the 325 is more expensive than the avenger? 325a= $84 avenger stalker= $72 avenger titan= $60.
i know it's been a while since i've been to school, but as far as i remember, $84 is more than $60. is that not the case anymore? a full $24, or 40% more expensive, in fact.
Cause I didn't research the numbers before opening my mouth :-)

Numbers and ship names are wrong. I think the sentiment is correct.

Reactions: Blind Owl

aLumberingOx

Commander
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
LumberingOx
i'm using a Panther upfront and badgers on the wings. it flies really well and has plenty of firepower. if you use the omnisky-vi's and sledge that it comes with as standard, it hits even harder but it overheats very quickly.
Yea, I switched between those two load outs. And I'll have to look back at that gimble mount. I knew something was off.

All in all, I want all the ships. I like collecting things and since there is an open spot in my hanger, A ship needs to be parked there. That way if any job comes along or if someone needs help, I can pop one out and be like "Blam! lets shoot some mofo's, crash this baby or strip mine that planet."

Reactions: Blind Owl

Rustrabbit

Admiral
Mar 1, 2017
RSI Handle
RustRabbit
i would keep my avenger titan at that price range because of Cargo/emp/bounty hunter modules ...

but CCu from a 325a i would wait a while untill avenger warlock goes onto ccu again prob november maybe because you next ccu is the galdius which will push past the 85$ for the avenger warlock

if you just keep CCu every other month .. say 10-20$ you can upgrade through all the ships you want

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ship-upgrades

i would go for a cutless at med price range then emm
consellation

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's Meh. It may be good in the future but for now its a drifty buggy mess.

NapalmX

Space Marshal
May 16, 2014
RSI Handle
UpUrShaft
Looking forward to the rework, but I'm more of a 315p guy than a 325a. Remember, this is the ship whose commercial almost broke the interwebs.

Forgot your password?