What does an Ursa fit in?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I have a feeling that the Ursa Rover, is going to be quite important for ground travel. It is the smallest (currently) ground vehicle with a self contained environment. And not only will we be dealing with hostile atmospheres but weather as well. :)

The key here is legitimately fit, not fit due to a physics error that doesn't register a collision. :)

Now I know the Carrack, all of the Constellations, the Valkyrie and the Hammerhead are designed around carrying an Ursa rover. I believe the 600i Exploration is also designed to carry the Ursa or similar sized rover. And of course the 890 Jump and Hercules can.
I seem to remember the Corsair might, but the Mercury, which has more cargo capacity isn't expected to.

What am I missing?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I can confirm the Ursa seems to be specifically designed to fit in Starfarer, though you do need to lower the turret. (Hence why it seems to be specifically designed)

Also, we should look into FreelancerMax. That ship can actually carry a Razor around. Might fit Ursa. Not 100% sure tho.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ah, I did miss the Starfarer. How do you get it into a Cat?
Jump it or catch it in space.

The Polaris and Javelin are speculations as they have a cargo bay next to a ramp. The Idris might have the same issue as the Cat in that it could fit in the hanger space but wouldn't have an easy way to do so on the ground.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
What am I missing?
Sufficient levels of alcohol and determination?

Example: Cutlass Black

It is designed to support two 'bike' type vehicles, but with sufficient levels of intoxication and determination either both will explode or the Ursa will fit...with questionable functionality on arrival.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I can confirm the Ursa seems to be specifically designed to fit in Starfarer, though you do need to lower the turret. (Hence why it seems to be specifically designed)

Also, we should look into FreelancerMax. That ship can actually carry a Razor around. Might fit Ursa. Not 100% sure tho.
I thought the rear turret on the Max would get in the way due to the height of the Ursa Rover.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Jump it or catch it in space.

The Polaris and Javelin are speculations as they have a cargo bay next to a ramp. The Idris might have the same issue as the Cat in that it could fit in the hanger space but wouldn't have an easy way to do so on the ground.
The Idris had a ramp leading to the hangar in last years live stream, which, to me, made no sense, since the Argo bay is there. The Rover couldn't make it up the ramp.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I thought the rear turret on the Max would get in the way due to the height of the Ursa Rover.
Could be, tho Ursa suspension kinda allows the rover to squeeze, so can't say for sure.
That's why it's something that needs to be TESTed.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think the question may be in error. I suggest you precise better what you want the Ursa for.

Rovers have shields that defeat most FPS weapons. That is key for the Ursa over the grav bikes, which are faster and can afford much broader scanning given two bikes in two places at once.

What do you want your mobile ground forces to do? What is the mission(s)?

Reactions: Deroth and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I have some interest around this myself.

I have 2 Ursa's, 1 Cyclone, 1 Tank, 1 Ballista, and 3 dragonfly's. I only bought half of that mess intentionally, the rest were package extras - all 3 dragonflies are subject to upgrade at a whim. Transport is an M2 and A2, and a Aquila, a Corsair, and a Cutlass Black. I may have one or two more ships that can help transport small vehicles, but I'm looking for use cases (and friends who like driving or flying.)

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca

Once the turret struts in the MAX remove the Ursa should fit pretty well i. (Tested it myself)

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I think the question may be in error. I suggest you precise better what you want the Ursa for.

Rovers have shields that defeat most FPS weapons. That is key for the Ursa over the grav bikes, which are faster and can afford much broader scanning given two bikes in two places at once.

What do you want your mobile ground forces to do? What is the mission(s)?
Travel from point A to Point B in a situation where I can't use a ship but am in an unbreathable atmosphere or extreme weather where my armor won't protect me.

The suits have limited ranges for temperature and limited oxygen supplies.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?