What I love about the new ships

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The ship design team has learned a lot over the years.

I love the new direction in that they plan the ship around the interior, not the opposite way like they did in the early days.

The new Vulcan is a prime example of how interior design influenced the final form:

Its simple, no fancy fins or wings, no weird unused spaces, everything has its place.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
They still haven't learned how important space toilets are.

Or maybe they have. Those side doors are pretty handy...
It's a Drake, it's not like you can afford food that doesn't clog you up for a few weeks. Just eat the chunky peanut butter on a MRE cracker on the first day and you will be fine.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
The problem is now imagine trying to land this thing on a very windy planet. It's going to suck.

These designs are certainly better in terms of usability by humans but atmosphere flight will suffer if you're flying a bus.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The problem is now imagine trying to land this thing on a very windy planet. It's going to suck.
Something I was thinking about was whether or not some ships that currently do, should even have planetary landing capability. If you had large cargo ships that couldn't land, then you'd need ships to shuttle cargo back and forth... and encourage cooperative game play, and vulnerable ships while anything that can maneuver is planetside. That could get exciting.

Forgot your password?