What is the worst advice you ever received?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
If you want something bad enough, you can get it.

Great advice as a kid, but its missing a few steps:

1) Want something
2) ?
3) ?
4) ?
5) Get it!

Steps 2,3 and 4 are a bit complicated.

As for your advice about instincts, I have to do a 180 from you. I tend to find my instincts are pretty good! :D

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
As for your advice about instincts, I have to do a 180 from you. I tend to find my instincts are pretty good! :D
That is awesome, but being with you for the past 5/6 years, you think about it and analyze it. I have not got where I am with bad instincts, because my instincts are 50/50 I have to slow down and think.

Another one - "Don't feel well, drink more"... my bloody marys fix many of my hangover issues.

Editited

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
There is only ever one way to do something.
For several TESTies.. there are 3 ways. The right way is one of them, your mother probably taught you that. The wrong way is another, often used by recruits. There's also the military way, and this is the way you will do it.

Note that I removed all of the ... colorful... language that usually accompanies such an explanation.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
From what I've heard from my brother, a lot of this is for treatment of the secondary infections that happen with cases of COVID-19 that reach the (medical gobblety-gook)...stage where you become vulnerable to those secondary infections that kill you. Not as a primary treatment for the virus itself. Also, some say it's just a drug company looking for a use for it's product

Forgot your password?