Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Lol that does look hilarious imagine the drunk weekend TEST discord VR sessions.

Personally for me it's like 3D - I'll wait and see if it catches on or if it's just a gimmick.

Reactions: Shiwaz

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
nVidia's new card that does excellent VR costs $700

in a couple of generations it will be affordable

by then headsets will be cheaper and better spec'd too

I don't do bleeding-edge

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Im in with the Oculus Rift, been on backorder for abit and likely wont see it yet for a few months. Not the best start to a launch to have a huge unit shortage. Upgraded the puter late last year so ill be in VR heaven soon enough. Cant wait.

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
Im in with the Oculus Rift, been on backorder for abit and likely wont see it yet for a few months. Not the best start to a launch to have a huge unit shortage. Upgraded the puter late last year so ill be in VR heaven soon enough. Cant wait.
Have you checked out the HTC Vive, it's not too late to change and you'll likely get it faster.
This is the fairest comparison I've found:

Reactions: AstroSam

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Have you checked out the HTC Vive, it's not too late to change and you'll likely get it faster.
This is the fairest comparison I've found:
Did alot of youtubing before I placed my order so I'd make somewhat of an informed decision. I think the pros for the Rift are, better fit and more comfort, built in headphones (although I have Sennheiser HD800 which will crap over any bulit in audio system), sharper picture, lighter. The Vive pros would be the whole lighthouse thing if you want to jump about the room, camera built in, comes with handcontrollers out of the box.

Still I'm leaning the Rift direction, software support would be far more advanced than the Vive due to the longer development time. Also you can play steam games on Rift but not Oculus games on the Viive. Also with facebook(hate it) behind Oculus they will keep shoveling the money in to make it the winner. My thoughts anyway, unfortunately will need to WAIT for Oculus to pull their finger out and send me a unit.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Still I'm leaning the Rift direction, software support would be far more advanced than the Vive due to the longer development time. Also you can play steam games on Rift but not Oculus games on the Viive. Also with facebook(hate it) behind Oculus they will keep shoveling the money in to make it the
This makes me sad as it seems like the Vive is a better system. I'm waiting a year or two anyways.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm not in VR. I'm getting sick ("queasy"...?) sitting in the back of the car or in any kind of carousel - which most likely seems to be based on my health issues with my ear which also affects my sense of balance. Ergo: no VR for me (most likely - lets see what the future brings). Instead, my next investment could be a baby like this one, probably 2017:
http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-S34E790C-Monitor-DisplayPort-Reaktionszeit/dp/B00QB9OSZ2

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
I'm not in VR. I'm getting sick ("queasy"...?) sitting in the back of the car or in any kind of carousel - which most likely seems to be based on my health issues with my ear which also affects my sense of balance. Ergo: no VR for me (most likely - lets see what the future brings). Instead, my next investment could be a baby like this one, probably 2017:
http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-S34E790C-Monitor-DisplayPort-Reaktionszeit/dp/B00QB9OSZ2
Bummer. I think a lot of the nausea issues were with flicker and mismatch of movement with perceived movement, and none if the new VR rigs have that problem now. That was more of a beta issue. Nice monitor, though, you should just use a big screen TV now. The LED's are fast enough and you won't get any judder.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
This makes me sad as it seems like the Vive is a better system. I'm waiting a year or two anyways.
Dont know if "better" is the word for the Vive. The current issue is its not an apples to apples comparison. The big difference is the Rift doesn't have its hand controllers yet. From what I have seen that is the only aspect possibly pushing the Vive currently ahead. From all accounts the Rift headset itself is the same or better. Also with multiple cameras for the Rift you can run around the room like you can with the Vive.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Is it just me or would this movie Hardcore Henry be the bees knees in VR? Seen it and it wasnt bad, all basically in first person view throughout the whole movie, new concept for sure. Need the guys with headsets to have a look at this!

nnnoooowwww...........GO!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JVgQzBG5Ho

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
Been derping with the HTC Vive for a while, just waiting for moar games to come out at this point.
I got my HTC Vive today, and it's awesome. The most impressive VR I've seen are the demos for VR Mark, by 3D Mark, really shows where VR is headed, It should work on the OR too.

Forgot your password?