Which ship would you buy if you could only choose to have one with LTI?

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
The title says it.
Which ship would you buy if you could only choose to have one with LTI? And why.

To me its still the Freelancer Dur
+ big range
+ long range mission
+ the biggest ship which can go through small jump points (whatever that means)
+ Multi and Singlecrew (actually i would love to have the size of the connie, but i still want to have the ability to operate it effectivly alone)
+ moderate cargo
- To me its seems like the cutlass got a similar cargo space but i wait till both reworks have been done before i start bitching around on every thread that i can find.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Probably the good ol' Cutty Black as it seems like a similar workhorse to the Freelancer with decent weapons, should always be able to earn me money in the game in a few ways that would be my choice.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
The title says it.
Which ship would you buy if you could only choose to have one with LTI? And why.

To me its still the Freelancer Dur
+ big range
+ long range mission
+ the biggest ship which can go through small jump points (whatever that means)
+ Multi and Singlecrew (actually i would love to have the size of the connie, but i still want to have the ability to operate it effectivly alone)
+ moderate cargo
- To me its seems like the cutlass got a similar cargo space but i wait till both reworks have been done before i start bitching around on every thread that i can find.
Good choice. I've got one too that'll I'll use when I want to go solo exploring. I am looking forward to it being in game.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
my first game package, an LTI Aurora upgraded to an LN

this is TEST, after all

LTI is mostly a status symbol, saying, "I backed the game early."

practically speaking, it's overrated IMO

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'd say DUR as same reason you already stated, but personally I would go for the Aquila then you get ground vehicle too and if it keep the current setup, there should be room for the P-52 snub-fighter as well. The later is not set as I understand but.. both this ships is possible to handle on your own or with as little as two crew.. Then if you do want to do cargo runs you'll get a lot more in one run on the Aquila, it will also be sufficient for a midsize ship base of operation if that is needed. The Aquila is not to big or to small it have all and then some option already as start option.
That is why in the end I would go for the Aquila..

My 2cents!

CHEERS! :beers: :beers:
"personally I have them both"

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My 350r.

It gets hit by a stray shot, BOOM.
It skims an asteroid, BOOM.
I brush another ship at walking pace, BOOM.
I try to land wheels up, BOOM.
I try to land wheels down, BOOM.
I go to Quantum, BOOM.
I come out of Quantum, BOOM.
I get in it, BOOM.
I get out of it, BOOM.

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.

This thing has more BOOM than the Vengaboys, okay it may not be as bad as it used to be, but LTI is essential with this ship as it'll bankrupt me otherwise.

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
The title says it.
personally I'd stay with Retribution .. cause I like the design, but with your additional requirement for ship being possible to use effectively in solo mode - one of connies (I think idea of phoenix is good), the reason is - it will be possible to link all turrets in automatic mode to the captain's seat, it has some more or less protected from the scanning cargo site, and of course it is shiny. Also last, but not least - it is just an oversized aurora after all.

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
For me Its a toss up between a Prospector and a Cutlass Black.

Prospector because its so damn cool, and I think it will make you a lot of money in the verse. All the while being an extremely soft target for people to make a quick buck off of.

Cutlass because well, I <3 Drake.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Toss-up between the Freelancer DURp and the Cutty Black.

Both soloable, both great ships, and both should be relatively cheap too operate. Great starter ships.
It's Cutlass Black, check my avatar.... It's a Cutlass and it's Black. Your answer has been there in every one of my posts you like (which is all of them btw.) That is THE answer, anything else is just wrong.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Freelancer or one of the variants. (DUR, MIS, or MAX) because of the versatility of it. The cutlass is a great vehicle, but I like the 'lancer better looks wise.

If you wanted something a BIT bigger, one of the Constellation variants. Something smaller? One of the 300 series. (I like the 315 and 325)

Forgot your password?