Which ships to learn the new flight model?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hello TESTies,

I have a few extra credits kicking around. My thought is to use them temporarily to play around in 3.5 (3 more days) to learn the new flight model.

As such, I'm taking recommendations from those of you who've flown with the new flight model.

I'm thinking light fighters, specifically the Gladius and the Arrow, although I'm open to suggestions.

So, what ships would y'all recommend that will give me the full feel for the new flight model? Think "learn to fly", as I haven't really been in game in months, if not years.

Cheers,

Owl

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Hello TESTies,

I have a few extra credits kicking around. My thought is to use them temporarily to play around in 3.5 (3 more days) to learn the new flight model.

As such, I'm taking recommendations from those of you who've flown with the new flight model.

I'm thinking light fighters, specifically the Gladius and the Arrow, although I'm open to suggestions.

So, what ships would y'all recommend that will give me the full feel for the new flight model? Think "learn to fly", as I haven't really been in game in months, if not years.

Cheers,

Owl
Pick a smaller and more nimble ship!

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I recommend a completely different direction, try out the new flight model in the largest ship you can get your hands on, it is quite interesting (to me at least) how it impacts ships like the Caterpillar (when it isn't overheating like a virgin otaku on a nude beach near the equator.)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I recommend a completely different direction, try out the new flight model in the largest ship you can get your hands on, it is quite interesting (to me at least) how it impacts ships like the Caterpillar (when it isn't overheating like a virgin otaku on a nude beach near the equator.)
Hmmmm. Interesting. I think I may have a Connie loaner hanging about.

But bigger than that, I'll have to hit up my TESTies.
Soon. (TM)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I've tried the Sabre, Arrow, Hornet Heartseeker, Gladius, Avenger and a couple other, but these stood out specially Sabre and the Arrow but then Sabre is in another price range and not always available.

So I would go with the Arrow.

CHEERS!

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
The Gladius was the ship used for the first week+ to test the Flight Model.........Best choice to start.
Most ships should be aviailable for you in the PTU........
Remember to use AC Free Flight first to ensure your controller(s) are set the way you like them - keybinding etc.
Enjoy.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Just make sure you take it into atmosphere like around Arc or Huston.
Sir yessir
I've tried the Sabre, Arrow, Hornet Heartseeker, Gladius, Avenger and a couple other, but these stood out specially Sabre and the Arrow but then Sabre is in another price range and not always available.

So I would go with the Arrow.

CHEERS!
Thanks Mich!
You also have 5 million credits in the PTU, so there are a few smaller ships you can just buy in game. Cutlass, m50, Buccaneer etc.
What? Really? We fuck me running, that's awesome.
The Gladius was the ship used for the first week+ to test the Flight Model.........Best choice to start.
Most ships should be aviailable for you in the PTU........
Remember to use AC Free Flight first to ensure your controller(s) are set the way you like them - keybinding etc.
Enjoy.
Wilco old friend. Thank you

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

I'm a bit confused brother @Blind Owl , I thought that the answer to most TEST problems was almost always BEER.

Pick a smaller and more nimble ship!
On certain moons with low gravity, you can catch some air from zipping around the mounds on a greycat. It's as small & nimble of a vehicle as you'll find in SC + it leaves you with extra change left over for more space beer to drink with pulling off Dukes of Hazard jumps in the 'Verse. (I'm thinking of begging CIG to let 1 of their Devs create a General Lee skin for the Cyclone with a tweaked horn effect to help you get the full General Lee honking experience.)

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I think any nimble fighter would be great at learning the new flight model.

Buccaneer, Gladius, Hornet Ghost, Sabre, Arrow, or Delta.

For advanced learning, grab a racer, Gamma, M50, Razor, or Merlin.

I like flying the bigger ships, so I've been flying the Cutlass, Connie, and Caterpillar. Basically learning to navigate the open C's.

The best way to get more comfortable flying in the new model is to fly. No posts, no debates, just fly. Come back after you get some flight time under your belt.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I think any nimble fighter would be great at learning the new flight model.

Buccaneer, Gladius, Hornet Ghost, Sabre, Arrow, or Delta.

For advanced learning, grab a racer, Gamma, M50, Razor, or Merlin.

I like flying the bigger ships, so I've been flying the Cutlass, Connie, and Caterpillar. Basically learning to navigate the open C's.

The best way to get more comfortable flying in the new model is to fly. No posts, no debates, just fly. Come back after you get some flight time under your belt.
Kind of wish the Orion sub ship was still the Reclaimer. While the prospector is nice and does allow one to go mining its just kind of lacking in size.

Forgot your password?