Industry Who Else is leaning towards an Industry Focus?

RedFaction

Captain
Mar 15, 2017
RSI Handle
RedFaction
Being very new to Test I haven't had time to really judge where the strong interest lies around these parts. So I was very curious to hear from some other members about whether or not they plan on taking an industry path towards greatness.

I have always been motivated to get into industry after playing Eve for a number of years. I joined in 2008 and only played casually for the first few years, so I missed my chance to really get established in industry. A few years back I came into a circle of friends who were in their own rights Captains of industry in respects to their respective area's. For example one of these friends produced the majority of Capital ships for one of the major alliances, and although he had strong ties to them, he owned and controlled all of the production for these capital ships. He was racking in the money, and barely knew what to do with it all! The rest of these guys were from numerous other coalitions and alliances, but all were heavily invested in industry especially in Wormholes. Together they formed a real powerhouse of capital, assets and power that was really very impressive.

TL;DR

My friends in Eve were all filthy rich, and I want to be them in SC.

For the most part I consider them to be a sort of inspiration, and the reason I want to hit the ground running with SC. I personally plan on trying to take control of multiple production nodes (not by myself or just for myself) or at least work towards such a thing. I don't have any solid plans yet as I am still waiting on more info regarding game mechanics.

Although there has been alot of heavy emphasis on the scope of industry in the past, there hasn't been much technical info released; for the most part just the overarching design of the economy. That worries me a little bit, my dream would be one more robust than Eve's, but I am always afraid of the economy being overly simplified.

I'd love to hear more from those who plan on deviling into industry, perhaps those interested might want to get together in the future and talk about pooling resources or having some discussions.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
With TEST Squadron being so big, there are people interested in all aspects of the game.
Our Industry fanatics are the Rock Raiders. Head over to the group for more like-minded people!
The part about being filthy rich does sound tempting, but our biggest money sink will be the huge, recurring cost of repairing our Aurora fleet all the time.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
somebody's going to have to replace all the ships I crash or get blown up in

I'm rooting for a ship replacement program with plenty of people to staff it to cover losses incurred in Officially sanctioned fights

because I want to specialize in aggression

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
somebody's going to have to replace all the ships I crash or get blown up in

I'm rooting for a ship replacement program with plenty of people to staff it to cover losses incurred in Officially sanctioned fights

because I want to specialize in aggression
We can accommodate this.

Being very new to Test I haven't had time to really judge where the strong interest lies around these parts. So I was very curious to hear from some other members about whether or not they plan on taking an industry path towards greatness.

I have always been motivated to get into industry after playing Eve for a number of years. I joined in 2008 and only played casually for the first few years, so I missed my chance to really get established in industry. A few years back I came into a circle of friends who were in their own rights Captains of industry in respects to their respective area's. For example one of these friends produced the majority of Capital ships for one of the major alliances, and although he had strong ties to them, he owned and controlled all of the production for these capital ships. He was racking in the money, and barely knew what to do with it all! The rest of these guys were from numerous other coalitions and alliances, but all were heavily invested in industry especially in Wormholes. Together they formed a real powerhouse of capital, assets and power that was really very impressive.

TL;DR

My friends in Eve were all filthy rich, and I want to be them in SC.

For the most part I consider them to be a sort of inspiration, and the reason I want to hit the ground running with SC. I personally plan on trying to take control of multiple production nodes (not by myself or just for myself) or at least work towards such a thing. I don't have any solid plans yet as I am still waiting on more info regarding game mechanics.

Although there has been alot of heavy emphasis on the scope of industry in the past, there hasn't been much technical info released; for the most part just the overarching design of the economy. That worries me a little bit, my dream would be one more robust than Eve's, but I am always afraid of the economy being overly simplified.

I'd love to hear more from those who plan on deviling into industry, perhaps those interested might want to get together in the future and talk about pooling resources or having some discussions.
Join us, we have shiny rokz.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I am aiming to use an industry profession as a cover. A carrack farting around looking for asteroids and derelicts to sell the locations of will conceal my data-scooping operation quite well. I aim to be the verse's version of Talon Karrde. You don't have to blow shit up to make a living (But its fun to do, nonetheless)

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I am aiming to use an industry profession as a cover. A carrack farting around looking for asteroids and derelicts to sell the locations of will conceal my data-scooping operation quite well. I aim to be the verse's version of Talon Karrde. You don't have to blow shit up to make a living (But its fun to do, nonetheless)
You told me you wanted to open a hot dog cart with me......what the hell man!?

NOW how am i gonna make a living!?

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
You told me you wanted to open a hot dog cart with me......what the hell man!?

NOW how am i gonna make a living!?
Do you have any idea how many politicians will let secrets slip while staring down the barrel of my famous sausage? Loose lips sink ships, and lips be DAMN loose around my wieners.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You tell me where you want it collected and where you want it delivered and I'm all over it like a rash!!

No job too big or too small! Why just the other day I delivered a single antique gold British two pound coin from the year 2000 to a very happy banu chappy, seventy six dancing slave girls to a good client of mine who... well.... likes girls.., and an Idris to it's very very happy new owner, all on the same delivery run within 30 minutes!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Gotta interview before you get the job. That's show biz, baby :sunglasses:
As a cross between Han Solo and Ron Burgundy - you can definably afford to be picky!! Only the best for our Han Burgundy!!!

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
My team specializes in reallocating assets. Just let us know what / who you need moved and when. We'll take care of the paperwork for all of you nice industry people. If you guys want a good asteroid, but there's a hobo Orion in your spot, we'll make sure that they are relocated to a new asteroid :D

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
My team specializes in reallocating assets. Just let us know what / who you need moved and when. We'll take care of the paperwork for all of you nice industry people. If you guys want a good asteroid, but there's a hobo Orion in your spot, we'll make sure that they are relocated to a new asteroid :smile:
If you could....point out some aisles in the store that need cleaning....we could...salvage.....all evidence of the encounter. Just offering.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
If you could....point out some aisles in the store that need cleaning....we could...salvage.....all evidence of the encounter. Just offering.
I'll be sure to notify your department for whenever we need some 'waste management services'. My crew can be quite messy since almost every job is a rushed job. We may need subcontract some of our jobs to your contractors. Efficient reallocation is a dirty job, but someone's got to do it.

If anyone needs anything reallocated, call us up at 1.888.IRS-TEST.

Antisqueaker, Frisbeerocker, and Krystal LeChuck are the managers. I'm just a humble foreman who has the resources to allocate to the jobs :)

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
every alliance needs carebears and we're happy to have you, I say that only with the most genuine of intentions. Someone has to build all the ammunition I'll be firing.

Forgot your password?