My crew will have

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B3aT

Space Marshal
Dec 2, 2016
RSI Handle
B3aT
Is more of a social study, personal curiosity, did you pledged with multi-crew ships ( I mean > 2 crew ) having a plan or that the ship was cool? :D

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I'll use testis most of the time.

Unless I actually want to be successful in the mission, in which case I'll use NPCs :D

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I don't think I can tell at this point...

My one "big Ship" is the BMM, which is all about making profit, so how much I earn and how much Players/NPC will charge me for their services will be quite something to take into consideration. Same goes for the actual capability of the NPC and so far the AI doesn't seem too well in SC based on the CitizenCon Demo - but maybe the dev there used commands to prevent detection etc.

Also, while I'd like to have someone to talk to, I kinda want to do my own thing and I hate to permanently wait for crew and what-not.

Sportsvee

Commander
Sep 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Sportsvee
I don't think I can tell at this point...

My one "big Ship" is the BMM, which is all about making profit, so how much I earn and how much Players/NPC will charge me for their services will be quite something to take into consideration. Same goes for the actual capability of the NPC and so far the AI doesn't seem too well in SC based on the CitizenCon Demo - but maybe the dev there used commands to prevent detection etc.

Also, while I'd like to have someone to talk to, I kinda want to do my own thing and I hate to permanently wait for crew and what-not.
If you eject them out of the airlock before you arrive at the destination you won't have to pay them.

Better still, sell them to the slave trade/medical experiments folk and double up your profit.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I will man my multi-crew ship with propaganda and bluff.
When lacking suitable wooden dummies, I can also take some Test plastics.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Depends on my mood.

I expect focused attempts at success after initial launch (NPCs and semi-sober people as crew). Within days of that, I'll be adding a LOT of chlorine to the hot tub in my Phoenix and scraping @Blind Owl puke and maple syrup off of just about every interior and exterior flat surface. Such is life. Can't wait! Phoenix Janitor HYPE!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Depends on my mood.

I expect focused attempts at success after initial launch (NPCs and semi-sober people as crew). Within days of that, I'll be adding a LOT of chlorine to the hot tub in my Phoenix and scraping @Blind Owl puke and maple syrup off of just about every interior and exterior flat surface. Such is life. Can't wait! Phoenix Janitor HYPE!
I promise not to puke. No promises on spilled maple syrup though. Also, the hot tub may be full of beer.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'm curious how mission payouts for multicrew will work.
I'm the captain of a Polaris, for example, and I also have some dude scraping my floors for me. How does he get paid at the end of the day? When I take a mission, does he get it as well? Will there be an automated system for income splitting or will it only rely on good faith (which we don't have, because we're humans)?
We don't know yet.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm the captain of a Polaris, for example, and I also have some dude scraping my floors for me. How does he get paid at the end of the day? When I take a mission, does he get it as well? Will there be an automated system for income splitting or will it only rely on good faith (which we don't have, because we're humans)?
We don't know yet.
You'll pay me in beer. Like we agreed.

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
We don't know yet.
I'm saying this without any actual sources but, I believe I've heard it said in a number of events and vids from CIG that we'd be able to decide the pay margin for the rest of the crew. Perhaps like GTA-V its Heists mechanic.

Thats what I'm hoping at least, it would give us the flexibility and fairness without having to rely on trust :p

B3aT

Space Marshal
Dec 2, 2016
RSI Handle
B3aT
Next poll - will you be a crew for a fellow testie? :slight_smile:) and compare the numbers

From what I saw trust never occurred in Chris's sentences about missions or any other game-play, he knows we are scum :smile:. He said there are going to be systems to handle inter-players money (escrow, rating system...) mostly space Waze

So we'll definitely have a system to be able to handle this kind of thing.
We may even have a system where you can put money in escrow until a job is performed. Maybe someone administers that for a fee.

Also we're going to have a rating system. I think we've mentioned this before, but in America there is this service called Uber where you can hire cars to take you places, and both the person that hires the car and the driver of the car rate the other person.
So when you are looking at a car nearby, you can see what that driver's rating is and the driver can also see what your rating is. So you obviously don't want to go with someone that only has a one star rating, you want to go with someone who has a four or a five star rating, and I think that in that case we would definitely have both parties in some contract. When you hire someone like an employer hires someone to run a mission, both the employer and the person running the mission can rate each other so you can sort of see, ok, this is a transport pilot and he's got a 4.5 star rating out of 5, he's pretty good, he's definitely worth paying a premium when this guy's got a 3 star rating over here.

So we'll have a bit of that sort of self-regulating objective ratings, and also maybe some systems like escrow and a role that someone can take as an arbitrator for a fee, to arbitrate disputes, I think we'll have system that are fairly similar to what's in the real world to make that kind of stuff work well.
Also even if you have multi-crew ships you can rent it, making money being offline :smile:

But no, all seriousness, we do plan for you to be able to loan your ships. We haven't worked out the specific details of the edge cases. What happens when he doesn't want to give it back to you? What happens if he's flown your ship to the other side of the galaxy, and you're on this side and you want your ship back? … And he's not gonna bring it back for you, or he's just left the game. Do you have to go over there to get it? How do you get it back? Does he bring it back to you? Does it automatically just come back to your hangar, after a period of time? So, we haven't fleshed out that part of the design yet, and that is definitely something that we will need to do for the Persistent Universe. It's just not… there's some other more important things to get out of the way before we get into the loaning-of-ship stuff.

We'll definitely have that figured out - how you can loan ships for other people - and we've just got to figure out the issues of the edge cases I brought up. Which is I'm sure why you're writing this question, so "hold on" is the answer on that one.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Is more of a social study, personal curiosity, did you pledged with multi-crew ships ( I mean > 2 crew ) having a plan or that the ship was cool? :smile:
I just answered on that one in another thread:
Honestly? Imho there will be a HUGE amount of people who will fall into Star Citizen as SOON(tm) as it is released. Probably +100%. And these will be the people who even in their wildest dreams never could imagine to spend more than a 60 bucks for a computer game. Hence this will be the crew for all us "Crazys", who on whatever reason spent several thousand bucks, owning ships we never will be able to fly at once ;)

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I suspect even the sensible buy them in game players will eventually progress passed the single crew ships. I can see a lot of fun to be had with events of testies together for whatever purpose in whatever ship but day to day I cannot see how it wont be NPCs for most people. I have one known friend who has signed up with a VAN!!!! so I know he will want to fly something not so ugly!!!!!!

Forgot your password?