Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Vroom vroom!

I've seen a few members showing interest in racing in their introduction posts, as well as spoken with a few who has an interest in it, so I know for sure about 6 people, and who knows how many potential racers might lurk in our org! :)

I'd like to know if there's enough people here to form a little sub-group concerning this particular aspect of the game, before writing up activities we could do together, although they would deffo concern racing :)

For those of you who don't know:
Racing is going to be a thing in Star Citizen. The highest achievement/biggest race is the Murray Cup. (you can search this on RSI forum if you're interested in lore)
Much like there will be a simulator for the Arena mode(dogfighting) there will also be a simulator mode for racing.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but there should be both racing in the PU, as well in this simulator mode.

If you're interested, please throw an "X" and if there's enough, perhaps we can get a cute little section for a group in which we race together?

sdair

Space Marshal
Apr 13, 2014
RSI Handle
sdair
count me in I say!

Reactions: Shive

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
X

My main focus will be the organizing events like raiding, racing, org wars and whatever else needs an event.
It was our plan to create channels for things like this, but it’s difficult when we don’t know how it will work yet.
Once Alfa is out and I’m back from military training, these things will be worked out.
But good initiative and I will probably need help with managing it

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Strong seeing this many already, didn't expect that :D

Keep coming folks! Don't be shy(ve) :)

I'll probably do some racing in my 350, but information running sounds pretty cool, too.
Had the same thought ^^

X
My main focus will be the organizing events like raiding, racing, org wars and whatever else needs an event.
It was our plan to create channels for things like this, but it’s difficult when we don’t know how it will work yet.
Once Alfa is out and I’m back from military training, these things will be worked out.
But good initiative and I will probably need help with managing it
Yea, will have to have a look first. Racing could always be a big floopy flop, we'll see in time. Let's say beta instead of alpha though :O

Alpha is the home and root of all evil featureless shite xD

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
We'll do it ASAP if there is anything in Alpha worth doing as an event then we'll do it.
Heck S.S.S. was designed to be for DFM but since they delayed it we just played other games. And as soon DFM comes out we will be playing that in our S.S.S (or maybe have a S.S.S. and an S.S.DFM.S.)
So you could say it’s already happening

Let's say beta instead of alpha though :O
I don't take orders from anybody

sdair

Space Marshal
Apr 13, 2014
RSI Handle
sdair
i dont doubt that theyll include a racing module in the dogfight section, its just adding another mode and setting different bounds in the maps theyve already made, which isnt too bad (esp considering what theyre doing atm)

and hell even if they dont we can always just do like FFA and race in that (i may or may not be using my weapons if thats the case though)

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Pastor Maldonado should be our Racing Instructor!

After causing a flip to another driver in the last race in Bahrain:
"WHAO WHAT WAS THAT?!" -Guttierez, after being hit and flipped by Maldonado

and getting a HUGE penalty (and license points deducted) for causing it...

He's crashed again this weekend in Chinese Grand Prix's Free Practice
"I crashed... Sorry" -Maldonado

Who can also forget back in 2012... he ruined Lewis Hamilton's chance at winning, RIGHT before the FINAL lap... (boy was Lewis PISSED!)

Proper TEST Material!

Last edited:

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
i'm in

Croswell

Space Marshal
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Croswell
If you want to do a zombie run, I will volunteer to open fire on friendlies all day long. Just saying...

sdair

Space Marshal
Apr 13, 2014
RSI Handle
sdair
I dare you to try and overtake my Bengal, I dare you.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I JUST got the Platinum Trophy in Gran Turismo 6... about time!

took forever to get that Autobarmy trophy (drive the total length of the German Autobahn: 12,718km, or 7903 miles) which was the last one to get...

Forgot your password?