Wierd almost expensive bug

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha-3/STARC-50302-Cargo_assigned_to_wrong_vessel_-_now_cannot_trade_and_credits_gone

I flew a Connie to Daymar to pick up food and TESTihol to deliver to Levski prior to a Gold or Diamond run back to Port O to check out some optimizations I made to system this evening (they worked), and my cargo at Daymar ended up being assigned to the Connie that was NOT there.

Imagine my surprise to land at Levski (beautiful manual landing, easy when you are at ~15 FPS) and go to trade terminal only to see it say my Connie was empty.

I ended up losing the 50K aUEC I spent to buy the cargo, AND the cargo worth about 110K aUEC.

Lesson 1 - If you can see more than 1 version of the ship you flew in on, on the trading console, be very careful about choosing which ship to deliver to

Lesson 2 - always check the cargo is physically present prior to liftoff

Lesson 3 - NEVER assume Diamonds or Gold (or anything else for that matter) will be a good run today simply because it was good some other day or you heard about it through the space grapevine. I could have lost my shirt, but ended up OK all things considered. Because I don't know if cargo is stored with a ship reliably when we log off I wasn't going to risk it.

All in all, today cost me about 100K aUEC - but I did find a maybe new bug - couldn't find it on Issue Council - if you have ever had it happen please upvote.

Have fun out there.

'Gimp

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Ive had that I couldnt liftoff with a full connie without using boosters. Isnt that a feature?

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Last edited:

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
No empty was fine. It happened twice for me when taking off from Levski hangar

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Ah that's the double-sided quantum mastic tape. They put it on the landing pads so that ships with more mass don't slide off the pad and crash into the rest of the station, and also so that ships like the Freelancer wouldn't hop around so much with the engines off and no power.

The one i especially like is the quantum spring, installed for your sight seeing pleasure at stations and outposts. This is a simple device that returns you to your starting point, from virtually anywhere in the 'Verse for your convenience. You don't even need to touch a button for this to work. At Levski, they attached it to the rock wall in front of your ship so you can see the exquisite detail that went into the construction of the station. That includes even the falling rocks as the station threatens to collapse.

I find it absolutely exhilarating to get to see my ship rise out of Levski's hanger bays for the second time in 2 to 6 minutes because I will get to see the same exquisite scenery for a second time. It saves all of that effort of turning around and backtracking on your own that you would otherwise have to spend.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: Michael

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
When you can't liftoff cycle the power, works every time for me so far.

'Gimp

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
The duplicate ship/couldn't sell the cargo bug happened to me. I magically had a second Freelancer appear on my screen at Olisar. I called up "Freelancer-2" ran to Grim, bought a load of whatever, got back to Olisar, and that Freelancer and its load didn't register on the trade console.

I hopped back in my ship, went back to Grim, and was able to sell the load back where I bought it, didn't get too much of a loss, but it was damn annoying.

BTW, anybody else notice the prices at Olisar changing? They must be swimming in laranite, diamonds, and gold now, lol!

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Laranite at Levski was 115, Diamonds were 32 - when I got to Oli with Diamonds on board buying was 29 - didn't think it ever worked like that but hey, minor loss for peace of mind.

Definitely shows you need to recon for market prices before making trading plans.

'Gimp

Reactions: Radegast74
Forgot your password?