World of Warplanes as Practice?

Fargo_Pinkerton

Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2013
RSI Handle
Fargo_Pinkerton
Hi guys, I was thinking of getting some practice in preparation for the dogfight module, so was wondering if World of Warplanes is a reasonable enough game for flying.

I don't have much money to spend (most of my budget for a week went on an avenger), so it's ideal for me in terms of being free-to-play, so I was wondering if you guys thought the game was good gameplay wise. Like, are flight-controls & the 'feel' of the flight any good? Will I be able to crash planes? Will the De Havilland Mosquito be flyable? Will people be able to blot out the sun with hordes upon hordes of (mother)Fokkers?

(wasn't really sure where to put this, sorry if it's in the wrong place)

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I do play World of Warplanes but the physics would be so different I would feel it might be counterintuitive for us to learn normal flight physics and have to unlearn it again for space physics.

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
I do play World of Warplanes but the physics would be so different I would feel it might be counterintuitive for us to learn normal flight physics and have to unlearn it again for space physics.
This would be my concern as well. Jet fighter dogfighting vs space fighter dogfighting will (hopefully) be extremely different beasts. From what I've read Diaspora is fantastic, though the one time I played it I had trouble figuring out a control scheme that I could manage. Definitely give it a shot, though. It's well-loved by its fans and I believe will have a multiplayer module coming out soon.

Forgot your password?