CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Do I need a beta code to sign up? I played World of Tanks for a couple months and have been watching some streamers play it. Seems fun.

Tooterfish

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Tooterfish
Not a fan of world of tanks but this one looks like something I could get into. Lookin forward to the release.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Been having a lot of fun with this. Battleships are my one true love, it turns out. The Mighty Myogi has been wrecking face all day in matches I have no business doing well in. I just managed to unlock the Kongo (promptly sailed it into about a dozen torpedoes) and needed to take a break for a while.

Haxta

Captain
May 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Haxta
How are the damage models? I played WOT like a fiend, until War Thunder came out. The GF damage models are so tasty.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
so Warships is not free to play like Tanks? :confused:. Is there any info that can i use Tanks free exp in Warships to unlock ships and upgrades?
Warships is Free to Play like World of Tanks. It's just in closed beta right now, and the only reliable way in is to buy a pack. Open Beta is rumored to come once there are more ships and maps in.

And I don't think Tanks free XP will transfer over, they don't even use the same currency (gold doubloons vs just....gold I guess).

EDIT:

If you like WoT, you will most likely enjoy Warships as well.

Destroyers (DD) are kinda like scout tanks, very fast and hard to hit. Torpedoes do truckloads of damage, but take a while to reload and are a mix of aiming and praying. Very much a screening ship and hit and run vessel, smoke is a godsend for you and hell when you're against it. Glass cannons though, one BB barrage and you are toast.

Cruisers (CL) are your jack of all trade. Right now IJN cruisers have better torps and stealth, whereas USN cruisers have much better guns and armor (but lose torps after Tier V). Main mission is to back up Battleships and scare off destroyers.

Battleships (BB) are long range direct damage dealers and tanks. Slow, slow turning, but very powerful if you can aim well.

Aircraft carriers (CV) have the most unique playstyle. You can pick between fighters, dive bombers (suck, don't ever use them), and torpedo bombers. A good spread from a torpedo bomber squadron can wreck a battleship within the first 2 minutes of the game. You have an interesting playstyle mix of scouting with fighters, taking out enemy bombers with said fighters, and lining up torpedo runs with your bombers. If you enjoy RTS's, you might like CV's. Beware of Destroyers though, they can just obliterate you with torpedoes and you have almost 0 chance of dodging them.

Last edited:

Snowianth

Grand Admiral
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Snowianth
well im gonna wait for open beta then :rolleyes:, meanwhile i go see if MightyJingles have uploaded some Warships material :D

Trick Shot Bob

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Trick_Shot_Bob
Jingles has a few World of Warships vid's up.

I've been having a blast with the game, it has a solid game play and balance, very well rounded for an alpha.

I'd recommend Fractured Space as well if you've not tried it yet.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
can I buy the ships using my unused credits in WoT? lol
No, the scale of credits is completely different for one thing. A single battle can easily net me around 60k credits if I fail at everything and my team is full of idiots who couldn't find their ass with a map, flashlight, and survey team. A good battle puts me up around 200-210k credits.

Forgot your password?