Worst Star Citizen day in some time...

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have to admit, I don't play this game a ton but I do log in here and there and try to keep updated on the game and its mechanics.

Lets just say today was the WORST day I have had in this game in quite a awhile, my past few experiences were fun, bug free (for the most part) and worth my time.

Today however, I had to switch servers several times, Constelation doors weren't working for at least 4 of us, 2 different ships, different stations, different pads etc.,.. could not get the doors to open, we suicided, we restarted, we respawned the ships etc... NOTHING WORKED, this to me is just ridiculous at this stage of the alpha they shouldn't be having to go back and fix these types of problems but hey what do I know.

Then I decide to do some solo cargo runs, I land at a R&R station, tells me I am on the wrong pad, wont let me use the elevators, stores my ship and I cant go anywhere so I have to switch servers again, start all over again lol.

I get it, its alpha, but man these old bugs should not be crippling the gameplay at this point, the Connies been in game for YEARS! lol

Anyways, I am just ranting because I wanted to play some SC and its just FUBAR'd right now. At least for me!

Anyone else think the games been acting up lately?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
3.8 and onwards is very buggy since they introduced all the improvements SOCS etc. Just gotta deal with it really and hope they manage to fix some stuff each patch - be aware they did say they're not gonna spend every patch fixing bugs from the previous patch as that's just a total waste of dev time - sop things are gonna be rough from now on as they won't fix all the little silly things that actually make a big difference to us when we are trying to play the game.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I didn't have any issues in the one session I've had in 3.8.2 but I was in a Freelancer and a Vanguard both of which have had recent reworks and the Freelancer is so reliable right now it was loaned out on mass to everyone in 3.8.1 so players could fly something not janked to heck.

The Connie is old as the hills now and I doubt it's model is faring well compatibility wise with the newer systems and mechanics like the 300 series didn't until it's rework came through. The Connie line was going to have the Taurus launch before 4.0 but it looks like it's been put on hold for a wider full line rework, but there is no sign as to when that will be (last time I looked).

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
This is why I don't play much since 3.5-ish and just hang out in the forums and discord.
Other than checking out the new things as they are added like the Carrack.
Until maybe 4.x I wouldn't personally invest any time seriously, other than goofing around and joining events.
just my 2 cents as I do feel your pain, it's frustrating.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Ya I had a rough time yesterday, lots of bugs. I have used the R&R stations many times but never had that issue before. And the doors not working on the Aquila for 4 people, 2 different ships spawns, different locations I was like whoa lol.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
3 days in a row this patch is just unplayable recently, don't know what they are doing but I went from no real issues last patch to nothing but issues, errors, bugs, just insanely over ridden with issue after issue, I know its alpha but how can you continue to go backwards and keep fixing stuff that wasn't even broken in the previous patch lmao. I will be surprised if this game launches in 4 years to be honest at this rate.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
3 days in a row this patch is just unplayable recently, don't know what they are doing but I went from no real issues last patch to nothing but issues, errors, bugs, just insanely over ridden with issue after issue, I know its alpha but how can you continue to go backwards and keep fixing stuff that wasn't even broken in the previous patch lmao. I will be surprised if this game launches in 4 years to be honest at this rate.
Remember optimization will not be happening until later in Beta - so you may be experiencing issues not related to the game build but rather the game build and your setup. I had no end of weird issues with my old setup but since I built a newer (but not that new) machine it's been relatively stable for me.

Also how many patches has it been since you last did a clean install. I went about 6 patches just updating when the new patch came along and things got fairly unstable. Finally it just wouldn't work so I erased and spent the 9 hours re-downloading the whole thing and got a much better expiriance after that.

The above may not be the cause in your case, it may be that the game actually if bugged to frick in some aspects right now and me pretending it's not isn't going to help that, however I'd be interested to know if you'd tried on another machine (not an easy task if you arn't stacked with PC's) or if you'd attempted a fresh installation? Oh, and delete your USER folder.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
They have stated that there are a number of QOL improvements in 3.9. I'm remaining optimistic that we can have another patch like 3.7 where the whole thing just felt solid. 3.8 was rough from the beginning and there are a lot of old assets that need to be fixed like the Connie. So far things have been smooth for me, knock on wood, when I hit a server that's not behaving some-times I'll pick a server from a different time-zone. For whatever reason that seems to help at times.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
They have stated that there are a number of QOL improvements in 3.9. I'm remaining optimistic that we can have another patch like 3.7 where the whole thing just felt solid. 3.8 was rough from the beginning and there are a lot of old assets that need to be fixed like the Connie. So far things have been smooth for me, knock on wood, when I hit a server that's not behaving some-times I'll pick a server from a different time-zone. For whatever reason that seems to help at times.
Things haven't been smooth for me, not by a longshot. But what I experienced only affected a handful of players compared to the wider community. But the whole experience was handled poorly by CIG. I had to wait a week before there was a response to a concierge request for help.

As for 3.9 and 4.0, I'm not holding my breath but we can hope. It is not a good thing to leave known bugs behind and move ahead with new features in software, until you've fixed the old issues. The reason for that is the bugs don't automagically get fixed. They have a strong tendency to become bigger problems because the buggy software is the foundation of the software that gets developed later.

If you're building a house, and your foundation is sinking on one corner, it doesn't matter what you do with the rest of the house, you need to stop construction and fix the foundation. It's the same principle in software development.

Reactions: Scape

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Things haven't been smooth for me, not by a longshot. But what I experienced only affected a handful of players compared to the wider community. But the whole experience was handled poorly by CIG. I had to wait a week before there was a response to a concierge request for help.

As for 3.9 and 4.0, I'm not holding my breath but we can hope. It is not a good thing to leave known bugs behind and move ahead with new features in software, until you've fixed the old issues. The reason for that is the bugs don't automagically get fixed. They have a strong tendency to become bigger problems because the buggy software is the foundation of the software that gets developed later.

If you're building a house, and your foundation is sinking on one corner, it doesn't matter what you do with the rest of the house, you need to stop construction and fix the foundation. It's the same principle in software development.
Yeah, overall I'm an optimistic person, some say I'm just setting my self up for disappointment and sure that's true to a sense but it doesn't get to me. I play other games, DRG, D2, and several single player games. So when things get rough in SC and I don't feel like reporting bugs in the issue council I just play those. Personally, my interpretation of the reduced road-map is that they are trying to fix things that are broken... but that's me being optimistic again.

Reactions: Vavrik and Scape

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I had a much better day yesterday after cleaning up my folders, made a few runs without interruption or to many bugs, I really wish there was more to do though lol.
Great to hear things are more stable for you now :)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I had a much better day yesterday after cleaning up my folders, made a few runs without interruption or to many bugs, I really wish there was more to do though lol.
Yeah, there aren't a lot of game loops yet, or a lot of places to play them, and with 50 people using a server it's not exactly an MMO. But you can do a couple of things that are fun. Do you use Discord at all?

Reactions: Phil
Forgot your password?