WTB BMM CCU

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
After seeing the new revisions for the BMM, them revealing that it'll have a dedicated built in hangar for a Defender, showing the gorgeous looks & finally revealing that it should now carry approximately 2800 SCU of cargo, what little interest in had in obtaining a Privateer in the future have been melted with my enthusiasm for the BMM bolstered even further.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Given this update, I'm curious how much more the BMM will rise between its last time for sale ($500) & this up coming Anniversary sale. I'm also curious how high its price will eventually go when it's finished & released, and then again how much when SC officially releases. I'm all sorts of thankful that I received mine when I did, especially since that blessing came from a wonderful fellow TEST brother.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
This ship is a carebear's dream.

Not only the great cargo it had is confirmed to be still impressive. But is has more turrets for defense and a hangar which would obviously accommodate a lot of ships considering the size of the defender. Also med bay as you can see in one of the picture for the internal layout, and UNLIKE the Privateer, the internal public space layout is separate from the rest of the ship for access (seen on a screen during interview)!!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's bonkers - buy one now coz it's easily going to be a 1000 buck ship.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This ship is a carebear's dream.

Not only the great cargo it had is confirmed to be still impressive. But is has more turrets for defense and a hangar which would obviously accommodate a lot of ships considering the size of the defender. Also med bay as you can see in one of the picture for the internal layout, and UNLIKE the Privateer, the internal public space layout is separate from the rest of the ship for access (seen on a screen during interview)!!
Also, you have to think of the cosmetic aesthetic of how Drake ships are & then compare it to the alien luxury that they've just shown in many of those images of the new BMM version. What would make more money, a shopping center in the middle of Beverly Hills, CA, UAS or a traveling bazaar in a low end city? They also stated that the BMM will have approx 2800 SCU of cargo space compared to the approx 900 of the Privateer. Will it take longer to fully fill? Definitely, but that will just mean that it'll be able to satisfy more clients for a longer period of time.

It's bonkers - buy one now coz it's easily going to be a 1000 buck ship.
I've been saying that I expect it to jump up close to the cost of the Privateer since they revealed the upgrade kit for it. Alien tax + luxury taxes will boost this baby while she's being developed, then further after she's released & again periodically as time passes.

YAY!!! Our BMMs and Defenders can go space-twinsies now!

I'm also hoping for a Banu ground vehicle to put on the lower lift.
Now that you mention that, my mind goes boom with how incredible that would be.

In the video they talked about the Banu as being kind of space merchant hippies...while completely ignoring they're also slave traders, so the ground vehicle could go more into the realm of their slave trading side (which bounty hunters could find appealing as well.)
I've thought of that possibility for a few years now actually. Yes it could act as cover for a bounty hunting team to move into an area undetected, but it could also act as a venus fly trap for bounty hunters to ensnare their bounties within by offering the right cargo for sale that their targets would be interested in. Think super sized sting operation.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Thank you. Now to name her . . .
Perhaps name her after your favorite bar, then it'll make sense to have each of the shops serving up various forms of food & beverages from exotic locations? It would give you the perfect excuse to travel the Verse to sample new foods & beverages to then later make profits off of in areas that would pay a premium for them. Just remember to NOT sell turtle soup in Xian space. It might be deemed an act of war.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Perhaps name her after your favorite bar, then it'll make sense to have each of the shops serving up various forms of food & beverages from exotic locations? It would give you the perfect excuse to travel the Verse to sample new foods & beverages to then later make profits off of in areas that would pay a premium for them. Just remember to NOT sell turtle soup in Xian space. It might be deemed an act of war.
Milliways? ...but where to find talking self-aware cattle???

Forgot your password?