Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Any
I'm confused...

It's listed for $350 on their website.

Am I missing something?
$350 on the Rift website, but if you order now, you get it in 3-4 months.

They sell at a premium because some people want them immediately.

Additionally a consumer version is rumored to be ready as early as April, so if you order one now, you may be stuck with an old, outdated Rift by next summer that nobody will really want.

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
I'm confused...

It's listed for $350 on their website.

Am I missing something?
if you order it from occulus it'll take 2 or 3 months to get it. i'm still waiting on mine and i ordered it in july.

also he's selling a leap motion with it. so add that to the cost. i dunno what a leap motion goes for. but you'd be paying for it too.

but more so there's a premium to have a dk2 in less than 3 days since it takes to long to order it.

i'd consider it if i didn't already have one on order. but, if mine makes me sick like OP then i'd probably try to sell it for a small profit. that's the nature of rare consumer goods ;)

Reactions: SeungRyul

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Are you looking for a DK1?

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Any

$350 on the Rift website, but if you order now, you get it in 3-4 months.

They sell at a premium because some people want them immediately.

Additionally a consumer version is rumored to be ready as early as April, so if you order one now, you may be stuck with an old, outdated Rift by next summer that nobody will really want.
Hm makes sense. I'll be holding off on buying a rift. Not sure what direction I want to go yet.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Are you looking for a DK1?
After seeing the reactions to the latest prototype, the DK1 is archaic already!

Hm makes sense. I'll be holding off on buying a rift. Not sure what direction I want to go yet.
You want to go for the CV1 (consumer version 1), its going to blow you away!

Downside being that in 2yrs from now there will most likely be a CV2 which will be lighter and even better, but this is one train you do not want to miss!

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
You want to go for the CV1 (consumer version 1), its going to blow you away!

Downside being that in 2yrs from now there will most likely be a CV2 which will be lighter and even better, but this is one train you do not want to miss!
I know...I want it. But I already have a triple monitor setup!

Ideally I would want to demo one before buying.

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
I had the DK1 and the only thing I'm not really fanatical about is not being able to see my hands, otherwise it is a fun piece of hardware.

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Indeed, if you are even remotely interested in the Rift you should not wait for CV2. DK2, even if I don't advise to buy it, is mind blowing sometimes. I can only imagine how good CV1 will feel.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Indeed, if you are even remotely interested in the Rift you should not wait for CV2. DK2, even if I don't advise to buy it, is mind blowing sometimes. I can only imagine how good CV1 will feel.
Yeah I'll probably get CV1.

Reactions: Bishop

Bishop

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Macr0
Yep. As well. Almost got myself a 3 monitor setup a month ago, but hence star citizen is not out for a while I think I might just sit it out and wait for CV1 as well.

Forgot your password?