Xenoarchaeology

Jimmy Dean

Rear Admiral
Apr 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Jimmy_Dean
I apologize if there is a post about this already, but I could not find one.

How many of you Testies are going to be into this aspect of the game?

I personally want to try and be one of the first players to reach the Hades System and start exploring, possibly even finding some ancient artifacts. It will not be the biggest catch that my Hull can carry but it will definitely be an interesting one.

Reactions: CitizenDad

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
In all seriousness, I am really looking forward to this. I really want to have the experience of going through an unexplored jump point, and finding the ruins of an ancient civilization. It would be awesome to be able to have your name in game as the person who discovered this system and the alien civilization contained within. Even if it's not a new find, it'd be really cool to be able to land and search an old ruin, maybe find a valuable-looking artifact, hope that no mutated feral descendants of the original inhabitants are around to give you an impromptu cardio session...

Jimmy Dean

Rear Admiral
Apr 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Jimmy_Dean
In all seriousness, I am really looking forward to this. I really want to have the experience of going through an unexplored jump point, and finding the ruins of an ancient civilization. It would be awesome to be able to have your name in game as the person who discovered this system and the alien civilization contained within. Even if it's not a new find, it'd be really cool to be able to land and search an old ruin, maybe find a valuable-looking artifact, hope that no mutated feral descendants of the original inhabitants are around to give you an impromptu cardio session...
You know the feels!

On that last bit... Let's hope we can find some good security. I'm sure we can expect something horrifying.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
I never really thought about this much before since I plan to do more of a merchant/traveling bazaar but I could imagine rare artifacts from ancient civilizations being valuable... Food for my thought..

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I never really thought about this much before since I plan to do more of a merchant/traveling bazaar but I could imagine rare artifacts from ancient civilizations being valuable... Food for my thought..
Definitely! You'll be the equivalent of that strange little hole-in-the-wall shop selling exotic artifacts and curios from across the galaxy... or at least, passing off the trash from last night's party as such while milking the sucker esteemed customer for all they're worth

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Definitely! You'll be the equivalent of that strange little hole-in-the-wall shop selling exotic artifacts and curios from across the galaxy... or at least, passing off the trash from last night's party as such while milking the sucker esteemed customer for all they're worth
Hahaha.. I like your thinking, good Sir! Yes.. I may have to plan further into this once we know more..

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
After watching a friend do nothing but Archaeology in WoW, I have to say I am really feeling it!

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I apologize if there is a post about this already, but I could not find one.

How many of you Testies are going to be into this aspect of the game?

I personally want to try and be one of the first players to reach the Hades System and start exploring, possibly even finding some ancient artifacts. It will not be the biggest catch that my Hull can carry but it will definitely be an interesting one.
My exploration teammates and I will be looking out for this stuff for sure. Its just cooling sounding from all I read.

Forgot your password?