You can buy one of the showdown ships for a limited time

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla

Possible to buy one of the ships that isn't usually available.

I'm after another ship and wondering what you would recommend? I have a cutty which I want to keep and will be getting a prospector end of this week.

I'm looking around 200-300 to spend here so what would you suggest and is it flyable now

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I am crap at combat and the one ship I have flow where I have actually made it back to base alive in is the Vanguard Warden. Try to get a fly in one in AC before putting your money down, it might be awful for your needs where it is awesome for mine :)

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Also worth noting you don't have to spend real money on ships -- ship rentals are coming soon! Somebody put together a spread sheet of the hypothesized rental prices, based on what CIG was saying:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Any multi crew ship with 3 or more seats, depending on how many friends. You want something for them to do too, not just sit there and decorate seats, so maybe cheap multi purpose for now, with an eye on upgrading at some point when new funds come available. For me, that worked out to a Connie but your mileage may vary. What ship is kind of an individual thing, if I can say that? Otherwise I'd say... the next ship they design or release in your price/feature mix.. lol. I have a Corsair too, that's right there in the ballpark.

I would love a Carrack, but there are so many I'm thinking it won't be hard to find a crew spot on one. I started saying "Navigator looking for employment. Legal or not so legal, your choice"

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
One of my friends has a Connie so I won’t be getting one of them unless he sells.

I was torn between the warden and retaliatory. Once I found out the retaliatory doesn’t have guns I was put off as I’d still like to fly it solo. Warden it is.

the valkyrie looked cool too but I know very little about it and the comments on reddit weren’t favourable for it.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I read somewhere they were going to do something with the retaliators turrets. Can't remember the details but for me it just needs a working radar between the MDPs to be more useful. Thinking about a Cat as my addition :o7: . Best regards on all your selections gang!

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

Possible to buy one of the ships that isn't usually available.

I'm after another ship and wondering what you would recommend? I have a cutty which I want to keep and will be getting a prospector end of this week.

I'm looking around 200-300 to spend here so what would you suggest and is it flyable now
Thanks for the notice.

I was sitting on some store credit, planning on upgrading my Retaliator Base to the full bomber, through a temporary Connie Andro during the Anniversary Sale. Now I have an Andro to Tali CCU sitting in my hangar and don't have to wait forvthe sale. Appreciate it.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
It has guns, turret guns. Not a solo player ship, unless you can use NPCs to man the turrets
Or blades. Using blades you should be able to slave the top front and chin turrets to the pilot based on what JC said the other week. I rather use blades for point defense though.

I have a Tali, love it for its looks and eventual versatility. For now, it isn't really useful.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I saw a video of someone destroying a CAT with a retalitor it took 2 torpedos

how do you cycle through missiles etc ?
You can't but a Tali only has one type of missile.

In 3.6 if you are a Vanguard or smaller 1 missile.
Smaller than a Hammerhead 2. Hammerhead 4. 890J more than you carry.

Forgot your password?