You know what would be a cool profession in SC?

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Radio DJ. Seriously. You set up in a system and have a comm channel that you can play music from your library on. People in system can tune in and listen to something in game while they go about their day in the verse. Of course it might be more fun to setup a pirate radio station, commandeer a channel on Spectrum at a certain time and just play what ever you think the people should be listening to. Just a random thought brought to you by my morning commute to work. Link related.

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
It's been suggested a few times before, and though it's a great idea, you'll face the problem of copyright if you're going to play music, amongst others.
They could play "no copyright music" or even just have talk shows would be really fun.

i think prostitute would be a fantastic job high paying right? "I'll make you feel out of this universe"
Space STD? :alien::thermometer_face::mask::dizzy_face:

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
They could play "no copyright music" or even just have talk shows would be really fun.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pee on anyone else parade. As I said, it would be awesome to tune the spectrum to a "retro" music station blasting Metallica or Black Sabbath into the void. It's just that everytime it has been suggested, several issues arise: first, the copyright problem if anyone can stream anything without supervision; second, the added workload and bandwidth consumption would be significant (That said, every Mako buyer expects to be able to stream a live broadcast, so...)

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pee on anyone else parade. As I said, it would be awesome to tune the spectrum to a "retro" music station blasting Metallica or Black Sabbath into the void. It's just that everytime it has been suggested, several issues arise: first, the copyright problem if anyone can stream anything without supervision; second, the added workload and bandwidth consumption would be significant (That said, every Mako buyer expects to be able to stream a live broadcast, so...)
For sure. It would be another added headache for them. With that said, it'd be awesome to have.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev

Space STD? :alien::thermometer_face::mask::dizzy_face:
WHAT? I had nuthin to do with it!

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?