You need this!!!

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
Labelling the buttons makes configuring it to suit your needs less appealing. Maybe make it with slots to slip your own labels in.

The noob must get a lot of free kit, nice of him to review it.

He does talk about options for alternate labeling being available, which does open things up a little more. The thing is though, once you get a good map down and you get used to it muscle memory takes precedent over labeling. I used to think it wouldn't with stuff like this, then I started using blank keycaps on my keyboard and I realized that it didn't change my typing at all.

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
I would love to have one but to me it doesnt do the job it should be intended for. Not enough buttons or knobs.
If it was 3 times as big and had every button, knob, slider, display ...etc, I would buy one.
1 single long unit, divided into system quadrants for controlling all the stuff the in cockpit MFDs do.. yeah ... now we are talking. 'Cuz those in cockpit MFDs are the worst ever on most ships.

As it is I will probably be stuck using multiple tablets to accomplish the same thing. If we ever get an API so development of the software for those outboard tablets can proceed.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Actually it does look pretty cool. I just wouldn't have room for it until I get around to building my "BattleStation 2451" with zero gravity cockpit mounted on no friction custom bearings that have a twelve point axis with a vintage Coca-Cola cooler holding my stash on Craft brewed ales within arms reach. Imax level VR with custom 12 channel surround sound with individual 500 watt tube amps and earth shaker low frequency drivers attached to the floor and fully integrated foip and voip.

But since I still have one more kid to put through college, it's gonna be a while.
Damn kids!

Forgot your password?