You'll float too!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Anybody read the book?
I read it; 20 years in the past. Stephen King never catched me, though. His writing is either boring or way beyond my (ethical) understanding.
Looking to "Lord of the Rings", which imho is also written in a very boring way, but ended in *very* good movies (imho), I have to admit that I'm a little bit interested of what they have made from the novel "It".
Aside from that, I'm curious what this movie will result in or what impact "It" will have onto our society when it again comes to halloween. We have had a massive rise of abuse by so-called "horror clowns"; adults as well als children were harmed in both ways, physical and mentally. Thus, under the line, I'm definitely NOT looking forward to this movie.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
I read it; 20 years in the past. Stephen King never catched me, though. His writing is either boring or way beyond my (ethical) understanding.
Looking to "Lord of the Rings", which imho is also written in a very boring way, but ended in *very* good movies (imho), I have to admit that I'm a little bit interested of what they have made from the novel "It".
Aside from that, I'm curious what this movie will result in or what impact "It" will have onto our society when it again comes to halloween. We have had a massive rise of abuse by so-called "horror clowns"; adults as well als children were harmed in both ways, physical and mentally. Thus, under the line, I'm definitely NOT looking forward to this movie.
You are aware that Stephan King's IT has been done on film before? The book was first done as a mini-series in 1990. The impact on society and rise of abuse by "horror clowns" that you mention may very well be an artifact of the original mini series airing back in 1990. Stephen King is very good at his craft.. which is "disturbing" (verb not adjective).

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
The series I don't know. Watched the first movie though, and it was way off the original. That being said, its the only thing I am interested in: (how) did they manage to visualize "It" at the end...?

Forgot your password?