Yours truly is now a legal drunk

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
I've been gone for several days, I'm on my spring break :)

Today was my 21st birthday, so now I am officially a legal drunk here in the states.

I believe that means I get promoted to something special.

I took my first trip to the liquor store and bought a bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon to enjoy, and I had a lovely steak dinner with my girlfriend, where I enjoyed a glass of Woodford Reserve.

Yay for legal drinking!

I'll probably still be gone for the remainder of this week, but I'll be back to being active as soon as I can!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Happy Birthday! At least you are drinking whiskey, if ain't scotch or irish though you are cheating yourself ;)
Exactly my first legal drinking was literally dozens of bottles of soju and then being passed out in a karaoke bar.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Happy Birthday Egriz!

You will make a fine addition to the Friday Night Drunk Fleet!

D

DominationAgenda

Happy Birthday Egriz! Hope you're enjoying it! Meanwhile here in germany, I'm being drunk since 16. Feels good.

Barstruck

Lieutenant
Mar 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Barstruck
Happy Birthday! I wish I could remember my 21st birthday, apparently I dropped pizza on the ground (on 6th street in Austin, its not a bastion of cleanliness), picked it up, and ate it after yelling "5 second rule!" Pretty sure all the scotch and beer killed the germs later on, because I didn't get AIDS! Yay!

Trawgg

Vice Admiral
Mar 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Trawgg
Happy birthday! Maker's Mark was a great first bottle to buy. Love that stuff. I'll raise a glass to your last major milestone year. Cheers!

Last edited:

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Thanks for all the kind words everybody :) It's been an enjoyable last few days.

Happy Birthday! At least you are drinking whiskey, if ain't scotch or irish though you are cheating yourself ;)
:D Any recommendations for a beginner's scotch? I haven't really tried any yet.

Happy Birthday Egriz!

You will make a fine addition to the Friday Night Drunk Fleet!
Thanks Montoya :D Application is already in!

Happy birthday! Maker's Mark was a great first bottle to buy. Love that stuff. I'll raise a glass to your last major milestone year. Cheers!
Hey...at 25 I can rent a car :p

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
Nonononono Walker is blended Whisky, if you really want good Whisky look for Single Malt. A really good beginner Scotch is Glenfiddich.

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
I didn't want him to dive into the deep end haha. But he is right a single malt is where it's at Laphroaig is my jam
It's really smoky, a bit to smoky for my taste. And it definitely is not a good beginner whisky either :D
Personally I really like Dalwhinnie.

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
Oh no doubt haha the nothing from Islay that I have had is a beginner but ah the smoke it's just right for me. I have heard good things about Dalwhinnie have not been able to find it around here though.

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
Yeah I just looked up the prices for whisky in the US. It's ridiculously expensive.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
Woodford Reserve is amazing. Tried some Japanese whiskey's, Hibiki and yamazaki, both excellent, smooth Single Malts. I find scotch a bit peaty.

Forgot your password?