A must do at that start of PU

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
Yeah, that rhymes, I know.

So I was talking with a friend about the already announced or confirmed by CIG things that will be in the PU. And given the structure as they have explained it... I think, and please anyone speak up if you have a better point, that the very most important thing for us to do, once PU goes live (in 100 years) is to focus on exploration, and hoard all the information we can. Don't even share it within our Org. If we can chart every path and material spawn and combat hotspot from the start, we are made. With that information we can respond to any threats not only faster, but more efficiently as we will know the routes with the best refuel points or ammo cache's on the way. Or alternatively be able to use multiple points for ingress/egress from any situation. Additionally we can more resources than other orgs, and faster to boot! All while being able to avoid pirates or other complications. Trading, combat, mining, resource collection, and whatever else there is to be done, better and faster!

In addition to all of that we should not share this information out, except where absolutely needed! It should be compartmentalized and restricted to avoid the loss of this information which can give us an edge. Obviously we need to share some of the info to an extent to take advantage of that edge, but we need to make sure people are vetted before given access is what I am getting at. It only takes one spai to spill the beans and ruin said advantage.

Now that all said... someone bring me a beer, I'm thirsty!

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
In order to do this we would need government lvl background checks and the like. lol
Not to mention if we know of a rout to/threw a new system and someone ells finds it (and they will) they will stake the claim and we will be SOL.

Hoard information yes. But some things we cant keep secret for long. And many others will be found out by spies. It has also been said that some jump points will not stay open forever. so randomly a new jump point will appear between 2 systems not previously connected then 3 days later it might close.

The thing is a lot of things we can find out and keep for future advantage. But a lot of it will be on other orgs if we choose to go that rout of spying on them.

The best things to focus on for exploration in my opinion will be finding the perfect place to settle down as a HQ with the best mining/resource gathering and location possible. 2nd to that will be finding jump points to claim "Test System" as the first system found in game. (if I find the first system my claim will be to name it Test, the 2nd system will be to name it Montoya. (( ;P Montoya being not only my RL last name but our fearless leader, who brings great pride to the name)) )
Apart from that the best info we can use and keep secret will be information on our enemies. Anything ells that I have found to be discovered will be found eventually by someone ells. We may be able to keep them quiet until we can take advantage of them as quickly as possible (i.e. Bengals and other juicy finds) but after that keeping it secret can only bite us in the butt later when someone ells gets the claim and we don't.

https://testsquadron.com/threads/exploration-guide-what-we-know-so-far.3952/ is a good guide i put together on the subject of exploration.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
we won't have to find all the good regions of space ourselves

with our numbers we will be able to take over the best space from other orgs

fearTEST

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I just want to say as an explorer, not sharing outside the org will make it impossible for me to explore. I can only give so much intell to the org before I need to sell some so I can fuel and repair my ship and the fleets ships. D.S.E.T. may not be super organized but we need to survive :P

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
I just want to say as an explorer, not sharing outside the org will make it impossible for me to explore. I can only give so much intell to the org before I need to sell some so I can fuel and repair my ship and the fleets ships. D.S.E.T. may not be super organized but we need to survive :p
I'm sure there would be more beneficial transaction possible within the org. Given our size, the incremental price of paying our explorers would be small compared to th benefit of finding prime reall estate.

Reactions: Op4ArcticFox

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
I just want to say as an explorer, not sharing outside the org will make it impossible for me to explore. I can only give so much intell to the org before I need to sell some so I can fuel and repair my ship and the fleets ships. D.S.E.T. may not be super organized but we need to survive :p
Yeah I'm fairly certain that fellow TESTies or a TEST division would be more than happy to pay you a slight increase from "market price" to keep the information within TEST yet still get you paid. Say you find an extremely rich mining location, I'd bet Black Sunder would pay good money for that since the Rock Raiders would make more than the initial investment of the information and get paid as well! It's a WIN WIN!

Hell - I'll pay you even if I'm not involved with the various groups. I kinda like the idea of being an information broker. :p

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I'm sure there would be more beneficial transaction possible within the org. Given our size, the incremental price of paying our explorers would be small compared to th benefit of finding prime reall estate.
I was planing on giving a fair bit to test for free or at a very reduced price. And maybe trade straight for fuel and or a repair rendezvous.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Yeah I'm fairly certain that fellow TESTies or a TEST division would be more than happy to pay you a slight increase from "market price" to keep the information within TEST yet still get you paid. Say you find an extremely rich mining location, I'd bet Black Sunder would pay good money for that since the Rock Raiders would make more than the initial investment of the information and get paid as well! It's a WIN WIN!

Hell - I'll pay you even if I'm not involved with the various groups. I kinda like the idea of being an information broker. :p
I am not sure if you ever read my groups thread :) but test gets first bids on good finds, and we hope to give as much of our information to test if possible. But not as prominent finds go on the public market not just for funds but for reputation and goodwill.

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
I am not sure if you ever read my groups thread :) but test gets first bids on good finds, and we hope to give as much of our information to test if possible. But not as prominent finds go on the public market not just for funds but for reputation and goodwill.
Ah. Well unfortunately, I can't say I've read your groups thread - I'll have to go read it. Your earlier post made it sound like you might put any/all information up to highest bidder when you need to. All good then! :D

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Ah. Well unfortunately, I can't say I've read your groups thread - I'll have to go read it. Your earlier post made it sound like you might put any/all information up to highest bidder when you need to. All good then! :D
Well if test passes on it it will go up for sale to the public :P also if you want to see the group clicking my sig is a link to it ;)

Forgot your password?