Aegis Reclaimer [Surveyor] Your thoughts.

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
I was just thinking. If the Reclaimer just turns out to be a big version of the Cutlass. I may just cash in as a way of paying for said ship.
I am the type that is more than happy to play a support role by helping appropriate necessary items for or continued success, and let those who excel at finding citizens who wish to donate to our cause do just that.
Meaning... You flip 'em, I strip 'em.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
I must say, that a Salvage/Scavange ship is really appealing to me.
Also the description sounds nice, i can always use some unmanned drones.
And yes... i would melt my Cutlass for it (still get the nice Asteroid hanger with my Beerfarer)

Atm i'm keeping my eye's open for that one, think my mechanic background is kicking in.
But i will also keep an eye out for the Hull-C, the megladon of transporters.

Luckily i still have a couple of ships that i could melt, to ease the pain of my wallet.

Ooooh... and my Xi'an Scout is getting a LTi for free... Yeah!

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
I'll have to see the concept art before I make a decision, but I'm liking the salvage angle. Since getting the Cutlass, my desire for a Beerfarer and a Retaliator has diminished a bit - after all, why would I need to buy those ships when I can simply hoist the Jolly Roger and yell 'Yaaarrrrr!' while simply stealing relieving someone of the burden of owning one?

Neverded

Lieutenant
Sep 18, 2014
RSI Handle
Neverded
I don't think I would melt down my Cutlass for it, but it is a very interesting ship. Salvage would probably be something I turn to when I'm bored and can't sleep... so we'll see if it's something I pick up. My wallet will also have to see if it's something I can pick up too.

Reactions: Designated Drunk

Raggy

Commander
Jun 9, 2014
RSI Handle
TheRaggy
I'd like to know a bit more about the salvage opportunities. For example will it get its best use out of hoovering up a debris field after a PvP instance? Will it be able to salvage NPC wrecks, or will there be mysterious ship graveyards to explore your way through.

If they balance the content right this ship will offer some cool opportunities. I look forward to seeing it hoovering up the wrecked shells of our auroras to make more ammo for the aurora cannon :)

Reactions: Designated Drunk

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I must say, that a Salvage/Scavange ship is really appealing to me.
Also the description sounds nice, i can always use some unmanned drones.
And yes... i would melt my Cutlass for it (still get the nice Asteroid hanger with my Beerfarer)

Atm i'm keeping my eye's open for that one, think my mechanic background is kicking in.
But i will also keep an eye out for the Hull-C, the megladon of transporters.

Luckily i still have a couple of ships that i could melt, to ease the pain of my wallet.

Ooooh... and my Xi'an Scout is getting a LTi for free... Yeah!
Wait, are they making all Xi'an scouts purchased in the spring week sale LTI? Or do you have some sort of under the table deal with RSI? Haha

I am glad that they're going with a similar policy on this third wave of concept ships (like LTI/lower pricepoint for early backers). I really have a lot of pondering to do which of the new ships I most want, since I'm probably only going to be able to afford one if the sale is in the immediate future. I imagine insurance will be based on the value of the ship? so I think I'd opt for having LTI on my biggest ships.

RSI Post: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14159-Future-Concept-Sale-Plans
r/starcitizen Discussion: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2gw20t/concept_sale_plans_lti_is_back/

I'd say my primary interest is still either the Carrack or the Reclaimer, but that Hull C does sound interesting with all that talk about sensor dampened compartments and piracy/smuggling.

Also there was this tidbit, that you'll be able to swap out the sensor/science package mounted in the top turret spot of the Constellation Aquilla. And that it will be designed to be the "most agile" of the Constellation variants. Although I think almost all of us are either sticking with our Phoenixes or Andromedas...

Reactions: Choppanob

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Wait, are they making all Xi'an scouts purchased in the spring week sale LTI? Or do you have some sort of under the table deal with RSI? Haha
Quote from Lewis :

Hello,
We will be retroactively adding LTI to any Gladius or Xian Scout in the next coming days. Thank you for your patience and we will attribute your LTI as soon as possible.

Source: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3388490/#Comment_3388490

So yes... the previous sold Gladius and (non LTI) Xi'an Scouts are getting LTI for free... never look a gift horse in the mouth!

Also there was this tidbit, that you'll be able to swap out the sensor/science package mounted in the top turret spot of the Constellation Aquilla. And that it will be designed to be the "most agile" of the Constellation variants. Although I think almost all of us are either sticking with our Phoenixes or Andromedas...
Yup... i have also read that post, and i will stick with my Aquila. (don't really like the Phoenix or Adromida in the first place)
And i hope we can also switch the sensor/science station with the bottum turret instead, that way i would have a much better view in my turret (and don't really need that for the sensors)
I also hope that i will be able to turn/flip up those sunscreen flaps in the front top of the cockpit window, because they seem to limit my view allot more then the original Connie window.(and the Aquila should have the best panoramiv view of them all)

Forgot your password?