Another stupid question but I have to ask: Melt Star G for Sentinel?

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
Same question, different ship. I have a Star G w/ LTI. I don't see myself doing the fueler role, although having a fueler in my fleet is a good thing in the grand scheme. Maybe I can rent it out to the Org or other operators. I am more of an e-war type as previously posted. Is having a Star G really worth it or should I cave into my cravings and just get the damn Sentinel already? My Retaliator has been spared (for the most obvious reasons) from these fiscal gymnastics. Should my Star G be given the same treatment?

Danke'

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
Sorry to be repetitive. Now that all things SC is moving at a little bit greater than a snail's pace, just trying to maximize my ROI

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I would say if you don't see your self using the Star G as much as the Sentinel, melt it

For me, the Star G could be a decent income maker, and if not it can always be used to keep my Orion topped off, or support other TEST fleets

I can't wait to see how fuel collecting will work, and how dangerous it will be. ( hell they made mining seem hardcore when its usually a boring snore fest in other games)

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
Thanks for the chime in. I grabbed the Star G as a possible money maker, but like I said it don't see myself putting in enough time to make the purchase worth it. Supporting my fellow Testies is a noble cause. This is why I'm torn. I kinda don't want to waste the LTI when melting so I'm thinking of doing a private sale instead. The Vanguard sale is going to Monday so I'll give it some more thought.

As usual, always appreciate the input. Now back to day drunkeness.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
at least you know what you are planning on doing in the PU, other than Mining / transport its all up in the air for me

if nothing else you can hop on, or borrow mine if I am not using it

one other note, if you have regrets later on, you can always put in a support ticket for a un melt request.

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
Thanks! Just one more reason why I am glad that I joined this org. The other one is that most of you guys and gals are probably wasted already.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Go with the ships you think you're going to be in captaining the most. You can always buy one in game later if you decide you end up liking fuel. I'm sure there will be one or two around the org you rent or borrow too.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
since it is an LTI version of that ship you may want to sell it to someone then use that money to get your new ship (probably a good amount of money too lol)

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
@mromutt

Yeah, that was my thought. I'm not gonna price gouge anyone if I go the private sale route. Probably just go with face value and upgrade, but now I'm rethinking my tactics. I am more curious about the remaining Retaliator modules which most likely would include a dedicated e-War suite on par with the Sentinel. I may just hold off on the concept sale and buy in-game if necessary per @UnderSc0re's suggestion. Keeping the Star G, which is obviously the militarized version of the Starfarer may be a better nest egg to either melt later in life or put to work for the org. An armored, more heavily armed gas truck has its advantages in the Verse

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I have a question somewhat related, it's about renting out vehicles or lending out vehicles. I have heard that your ships will be keyed to your hand, any idea on how they would implement a system allowing you to keep your ship from being stolen but at the same time allow you to "rent out" or "loan out" your ship to people? Also, how will people steal your ship in space if it's keyed to only fly when you're around it?

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Yeah I dont plan on ever flying a star myself but I think it will be a great tool in the box

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
@KingNerd

Renting out/borrowing ships has been mentioned a few times by CIG staff but the mechanic hasn't been really explained yet. I would assume it falls along the lines of allowing friends into your hangar and granting permission to access the ships panels and systems. Once multi-crew finally goes into the wild, we should have a better understanding of how crews can be assigned to roles.

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
Also, as to the ship boarding and stealing, there's probably gonna be some hack-centric minigames that will grant a successful boarding party full control of a ship's systems. We'll wait and see once MC is online.

Reactions: mromutt

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Also, as to the ship boarding and stealing, there's probably gonna be some hack-centric minigames that will grant a successful boarding party full control of a ship's systems. We'll wait and see once MC is online.
Yeah either a hack game or we will be taking the control system offline and reinitializing it with some hardware we bring aboard (take time) or even possibly swapping/wiping the core data bank

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
As a Star-G owner, I'm personally in favor of having enough tankers in the fleet to support TEST anywhere, anytime. Besides, it's a good little ship to use for short scrub runs when you're bored.

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
As another has already posted: DO NOT melt this ship!!! I current have a WTB thread in the marketplace looking for a Star-G. If you really do end up deciding to part ways with the Star-G, do it by selling it to another TESTie, like myself! I'd gladly buy it from ya, and cover any extra PayPal fees or whatever needed.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
As another has already posted: DO NOT melt this ship!!! I current have a WTB thread in the marketplace looking for a Star-G. If you really do end up deciding to part ways with the Star-G, do it by selling it to another TESTie, like myself! I'd gladly buy it from ya, and cover any extra PayPal fees or whatever needed.
That's assuming he bought the Star-G with money and no store credit. Ships purchased with store credit are non-transferrable.

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
That's assuming he bought the Star-G with money and no store credit. Ships purchased with store credit are non-transferrable.
It is assuming that, but fortunately there's a quick way to see if it's giftable or not!

War Pig

Space Marshal
Dec 11, 2014
RSI Handle
ShinzoAnnigans
It is assuming that, but fortunately there's a quick way to see if it's giftable or not!
Good assumption. Bought with dead presidents and totally transferable. I wasn't planing on melting it in order to preserve the LTI and now I am rethinking selling it at all. I want to wait and see what else comes out the pipeline and then I'll review my fleet for the 20th time and let you know.

Thanks for helping me think thru my buyer's remorse, everyone.

TexasSkulls

Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
Yeah I would certainly caution against making a hasty decision to sell (or melt). As much as I would love to buy it from you, I also wouldn't want you to regret doing so, especially when you can only gift a ship once! Just keep me in mind once you do "review your fleet" again!

Last edited:
Forgot your password?