Anyone else saving for Vega?

Riekopo

Vice Admiral
Mar 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Riekopo
I got an expensive FreeSync monitor (BenQ XL2730Z) a while ago because I planned on switching to AMD. I currently have a Nvidia GTX 780 GPU. I've started saving for the AMD Vega GPU. I'm expecting it's going to be really powerful. Anyone else doing this?

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
No, Nvidia all the way!
I'm in the same boat. I have had way to many bad experiences with AMD. Now, I only buy Intel CPU's and Nvidia GPU's. AMD tends to have a better price/performance ratio, but I just can't seem to get the same reliability out of them. I have had too many of their chips die on me. Maybe it's just my luck though.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I'm in the same boat. I have had way to many bad experiences with AMD. Now, I only buy Intel CPU's and Nvidia GPU's. AMD tends to have a better price/performance ratio, but I just can't seem to get the same reliability out of them. I have had too many of their chips die on me. Maybe it's just my luck though.
That's weird, I've had quite the opposite experience. I like NVidia and all, but their performance seems to be tied to the software much more closely than AMD, so I can't get too many years out of an NVidia gpu.
On the other hand, I'm still using an HD 6970, been using it for half a dozen years now. Still running the latest games well enough that I can patiently wait for NVidia or AMD to release a GPU worth buying.
Wasn't too impressed with anything either has put out this cycle, well, RX 480 seemed kinda okey but it's actually below my price-range. GTX 1080 doesn't seem to be worth as much as they're selling it for. I'm hoping RX 490 would hit the mark, but I'll be most disappointed if it doesn't have HBM2, I'd probably squeeze another year out of my GPU then and wait for the next cycle, that's still an option for me.

Reactions: Riekopo

Doozie

Rear Admiral
Donor
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Doozie
I'd wait for some serious SC reviews on any new AMD card. Most of their last cards weren't that amazing with star citizen. Personally I'd go Nvidia even though they're stupidly overpriced, they are consistently stronger.

Forgot your password?