Battlefield 1

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
so we got our first look at the new battlefield game. just wondering what people think. so here is the trailer.....
I am very hesitant. First I afraid the game play will look like this.....

I was really hoping for 2143 (or the like) 2142 THE BEST battlefield game EVER. So the short answer for me is to hope star marine comes out soon.

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Dont know about this whole 1942 reboot, they have been there and done that, first i have seen of the replacement bf and it was seeming something was due soon. Seem like they are going backwards from BF4. Isnt 5 the next logical game title? Im a huge bf fan and im sure this will look and play great but could have a better setting. How am I suppost to rape and pillage servers in the jets/little birds causing mass rage quites now? :O

Kapital_Kong

Space Marshal
Apr 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Kapital_Kong
I may of creamed a little watching this not gonna lie. Otherwise I like the fact that they've gone back to the Great War. It's not something that's really touched on by big games, and I think I'll enjoy this setting a lot. Unlike call of duty becoming the prequel to Halo.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I may of creamed a little watching this not gonna lie. Otherwise I like the fact that they've gone back to the Great War. It's not something that's really touched on by big games, and I think I'll enjoy this setting a lot. Unlike call of duty becoming the prequel to Halo.
First, they have made Battlefield 2142 and it was the GREATEST. also the trailer not gameplay, yes it looked epic, but that does not tell us jack.

Second, how are we going to have any customization? here are a list of the rifles used in WW1 (keep in made MG's were much bigger and weighed more then they do now, and SMG's and assault rifles were not invented yet. well the BAR was deployed in 1918.)
German Mauser
British Lee-Enfield
French Lebel
French Berthier
U.S. Springfield (Carbine)

Austro-Hungarian Steyr-Mannlicher (Carbine)

So we are going to have SIX (-SEVEN if you count the BAR) guns to chose from? no optics (outside of sniper scopes), grips, or really any way to mod your weapon.

Third, WW1 was a defensive war. in the west you had trench warfare, you sat in your trench and when the enemy commander got bored you shot his troops as the walked over open group. in the rest of the war you had the same thing but with forts as they did not have the troops to man the full length of the war zone. you would sit in your fort, then go to attack the enemy fort, get wiped out, and fall back. I do not see how this will make fun gameplay.

I am not saying that BF1 will be a bad game, I am just very worried that it will be. I hope DICE and EA can show us something that would give me some faith in this game. not some trailer that is made to look cool, but shows nothing of what real game play will be like.

Last edited:

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
yeah WW1 was really boring. EVen if they have the big tanks on every battlefield (they were rarely used in the actual war), they will be slow and you can't really do much with just a driver in it (since they have independent turrets on the side). The planes will be slow and under-powered. Shooting with only bolt-actions will suck, and there won't be any cool locals (no city fighting, etc)

LGF

Grand Admiral
Apr 18, 2016
RSI Handle
LGF
yeah WW1 was really boring. EVen if they have the big tanks on every battlefield (they were rarely used in the actual war), they will be slow and you can't really do much with just a driver in it (since they have independent turrets on the side). The planes will be slow and under-powered. Shooting with only bolt-actions will suck, and there won't be any cool locals (no city fighting, etc)
Bolties were hugely fun to use in Rising Storm (still my favourite shooter). It's not impossible to make it work but it has to be done really well.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
First, they have made Battlefield 2142 and it was the GREATEST. also the trailer not gameplay, yes it looked epic, but that does not tell us jack.

Second, how are we going to have any customization? here are a list of the rifles used in WW1 (keep in made MG's were much bigger and weighed more then they do now, and SMG's and assault rifles were not invented yet. well the BAR was deployed in 1918.)
German Mauser
British Lee-Enfield
French Lebel
French Berthier
U.S. Springfield (Carbine)

Austro-Hungarian Steyr-Mannlicher (Carbine)

So we are going to have SIX (-SEVEN if you count the BAR) guns to chose from? no optics (outside of sniper scopes), grips, or really any way to mod your weapon.

Third, WW1 was a defensive war. in the west you had trench warfare, you sat in your trench and when the enemy commander got bored you shot his troops as the walked over open group. in the rest of the war you had the same thing but with forts as they did not have the troops to man the full length of the war zone. you would sit in your fort, then go to attack the enemy fort, get wiped out, and fall back. I do not see how this will make fun gameplay.

I am not saying that BF1 will be a bad game, I am just very worried that it will be. I hope DICE and EA can show us something that would give me some faith in this game. not some trailer that is made to look cool, but shows nothing of what real game play will be like.
Please tell me you're not forgetting the Mosin Nagant. Russia made like 37 million of the damn things, and the Finns tuned them up into some of the best bolt-action rifles of WW2.

Reactions: Dalarast

WhooptyWoo

Admiral
Donor
Jul 18, 2014
RSI Handle
WhooptyWoo
I have a feeling they are not going to go hyper-realistic with this one. I mean it is a BF game afterall.

They will make the gameplay more fun than authentic. At least that is my hope.

Reactions: DarthMatter

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I am all BF#'d out. Too many whiners/bigots/racists/cursers/disrespecters/hackers and cheaters.
People take the game far too seriously for my tastes.
I was admin for 4 clans. BF players will drive you nuts.
There are a lot of auto targetting tools out there that are very difficult to detect.
It has become a game for cheaters bent on one thing. Cheating so they can PRETEND they are actually good.
I Like the idea of BF1 though. Most snot nosed kids that spend all day arguing over guns won't even have heard of WW1 weapons.
They could actually have to work to get a kill. I can see a lot of people boycotting BF1.
They will have to learn all new gun stats to argue over.
I never liked the way the BF games make you get so many points to get a decent weapon and others could just buy the weapons.
If you are sending someone to war, you don't just give them the worst weapon in the world and send them to get a thousand kills before they get a decent gun. Realism? BF will never be realism. Never. Please do not use that word when referring to BF games.
BF games are a wonderful thing, completely ruined by a good percentage of the players. Security is zero.
I Loved/hated that game. I may have to buy BF1 so I can Love/hate some more. To the point of carpal tunnel on my trigger finger.
To do it right, I may just have to run my own server if I elect to play it. I am on ther fence. Nah, I don't need the grief.

Strykker666

Commander
Jul 7, 2016
RSI Handle
Strykker666
I've always been a BF fan. I'll definitely be picking this one up as well. Wish they would do another futuristic version as well.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I was watching some vids on YouTube - it appears to have more bugs in it than star citizen! Quality coding comin' at ya for you're 55 bucks!!

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
Agreed Strykker666, I was hoping for this to be a futuristic one but a lot of people did not I guess.
Most people wanted pretty much the exact same thing as BF4.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I would love to play it like this:

Riekopo

Vice Admiral
Mar 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Riekopo
Battlefield 1 looks like the best Battlefield game since Bad Company 2 in my opinion. Though the destruction doesn't look as complete as that probably for "gameplay/balance" reasons. There shouldn't be any lock-on weapons thank god. I'm personally hoping bots make a comeback. I was really mad when they removed them from the series which was around the time high speed internet became widespread.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Played 3 matches yesteray, Rush (defense), Conquest, and Rush (defense again).

First match, joined half way, went 0-9, no idea what I was doing... and the opposing team had a lot of level 25+ while my team were all single digit, and we got roflstomped. I think we lost the last 5 objectives within 10 minutes.

Conquest, it was a close match, bigger map, I sort of got a handle of things as to how Battlefield worked (been a LONG time since I played one) and went 1-7... got into a tank, to get a few more "free kills" until they blew the tank up, and ended with 4-9. Much better. However, we lost the match at something like 176-192.

Went back to Rush, and this time we had a more balanced team. I played around with different classes, but did the best with Support. Managed to land a lot more kills to end with 17-19. The enemy tanks seemed unstoppable, but I guess it's mostly new players without anti-armor equipped. Got a lot of objective points by putting down bandages as medic, and we got pushed back to the last point to defend, bomb planted, and they were swarming the point, but their ticket running out, and we won with what seemed like seconds before it blew up. 17 bombs planted, 7 diffused. Close victory.

Forgot your password?