Battlefield 1

Croswell

Space Marshal
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Croswell
I'm an old fan of BF, played a lot of the Desert Combat mod of BF1942 (yes my hair is turning white!), nothing like playing assault in 'Lost Village'!. Anyone?
Vietnam was good, although I didn't like the new vehicle 'feel' (apart from the helo radio blaring 'Ride of the Valkyrie').
I skipped BF2 and bought BF3 but was pretty unhappy with the EA release schedule for DLC. I'm a filthy casual (work constraints) and frankly could not keep up with pace, I was still playing through campaign and starting to get some online unlocks when 'Hardline' started happening (yeh that slow, but 1942 was around for years if I remember rightly!), I just gave up as everyone moved to BF4.
BF1 looks amazing and I miss that huge scale battle feeling but am concerned it will fly by with season pass style DLC again. Also I love Star Wars but how do people feel about Battlefront? I couldn't help the feeling of console portiness!
Is BF1 like that?
I'm similar. Started in 1942, played a bunch of Desert Combat mod. Been hooked on Battlefield ever since.

BF1 - The game in general has a pretty good feel IMO. There are TONS of snipers, but for the most part, they're all fucking terrible. Combat feels fantastic. Tanks are powerful in the right hands, but not that hard to handle (Dat Limpet charge... HRRrRRNNNGNGNNGNGgggg. So good.)

Aircraft are pretty much a non-factor aside from the occasional bomber pilot that isn't terrible.

I' having an absolute blast. The map design is PHENOMENAL. There aren't a million attachments for guns, and there doesn't appear to be many guns in the game that are really super OP. They all have different applications, and seem to do them well. The most frustrating thing I come up against is a shotgun whore that just camps in close quarters, but I can't really be all that mad about it, because they're playing to their weapon's strengths, and I'm stupid enough to run in there over and over again.

Forgot your password?