Borderlands Pre-Sequel? It's in space!!!

MAGGIOMAN

Captain
Jul 11, 2014
RSI Handle
MAGGIOMAN
It doesn't look like a completely full fledged new game, but a new story is fun to play regardless. Who else will be getting it?

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
I'm still on the fence. I love me some borderlands...but I'm still not sure this is new enough to warrant a purchase. Luckily it's being given away with new Nvidia cards so maybe I'll pick up a download code on Ebay for cheap.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
MISTER TORGUE WANTS YOU TO BUY THIS GAME! WHY AREN'T YOU BUYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!?

WHAT'S THAT? IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET!?

IRRELEVANT!!

(will definitely buy it at some point, but $60 is a lot of beer money - will hold off until the Steam winter sale).

Reactions: Walex

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Already planning to get it with my Borderlands group, after we are finished with Borderlands 2.
Characters are already divided, i'm going to play Nisha

Still looks like fun, with the low gravity and Air system.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Gonna get the GOTY in one year or so. For me it's basically a huge DLC.
Yeah, probably the best route overall, though I'll probably crumble under the pressure and buy it sooner - simply can't get enough Mr. Torgue quotes.

Just finished watching the trailer, and it's freakin' hilarious. TASTE THE NIETZSCHEAN INNER CONFLICT, MOTHER$@&%!#&!!

Last edited:

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Yeah, probably the best route overall, though I'll probably crumble under the pressure and buy it sooner - simply can't get enough Mr. Torgue quotes.

Just finished watching the trailer, and it's freakin' hilarious. TASTE THE NIETZSCHEAN INNER CONFLICT, MOTHER$@&%!#&!!
"IT'S NOT MALWARE, IT'S A FEATURE. SHIP IT!"

I agree, the smart thing to do is wait on the GOTY, but then if you've already waited that long, then you may as well wait for the GOTY to be 75% off in a summer or winter Steam sale. It's a slippery slope! But based on how the stuff for two went, the GOTY included almost everything while the base game + season pass didn't include the extra characters (which were pretty awesome!)

Already planning to get it with my Borderlands group, after we are finished with Borderlands 2.
Characters are already divided, i'm going to play Nisha

Still looks like fun, with the low gravity and Air system.
If I get more Mister Torgue, I'll be so happy. The Butt Slam looks like a really fun mechanic and the low gravity/jetpacks reminds me of Starsiege: Tribes and Tribes 2, which I spent hours and hours playing. Gravity slamming in the hoverbike also looks like a blast!

What was your party makeup like for BL2? Which characters did you like the best?

For the Pre-Sequel, I figured my first character would either be Athena or Nisha. I think it's interesting that both of them have mid-range melee attacks. I'm sure my buddies will be fighting over Claptrap, and I think Gaige/Deathtrap from BL2 spoiled me as far as summon companion action skills go so I'm still on the fence about Wilhelm. Another friend's first choice was Wilhelm.

Now the Doppleganger (Handsome Jack Body Double) really sounds appealing to me. I wonder what other DLC character/class there might be...

Reactions: JoeCool4433

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
What was your party makeup like for BL2? Which characters did you like the best?

For the Pre-Sequel, I figured my first character would either be Athena or Nisha. I think it's interesting that both of them have mid-range melee attacks. I'm sure my buddies will be fighting over Claptrap, and I think Gaige/Deathtrap from BL2 spoiled me as far as summon companion action skills go so I'm still on the fence about Wilhelm. Another friend's first choice was Wilhelm.
I've played Mordecai in BL1, Started as a Sniper but i loved the pistol build allot more.
I only played it with my little brother in a 2 man group, with him as a Support playing Roland.

Started again with him in BL2 with me as Zero (sniper) and him as Salvador (Tanky build), but we never finished the game.
So we started a new group of 4, with me as Krieg (Melee build) him as Salvador again (dps build now) and 2 other peeps playing Zero (melee) and Maya (CC build)

And i must say.... i love Krieg and his high risk/reward gameplay style.
It's allot different then i'm used to play, with the melee build and mostly shotgun
But now that i have the last talent in the tree, it's allot of fun.
i also play a bit of support with it, putting peeps back on their feet in a instant... but sacrifice my own life with it.
So i go down allot and pop back in with second wind all of the time. (trowing TNT in second wind... or better... self explode)

But for the Pre-Sequel, i'm going for Nisha as main, because i'm a sucker for 6 shooter style pistol play... damn you Mordecai, you spoiled me.
And it seems i can make a nice tree for dual pistols and shotgun that seems to support the "jakob" brand allot, my favorite weapons and brand
With the lower magazine size of 6 bullets or less, and more reloading because of it that can provide an fire from hip buff.

Wilhelm is my second pick... if one of the group really has a problem with the rest of the choices.
At least only one person wanted to play Claptrap in my party (little brother), so that won't be a problem.

But we will see, at least it's always fun to play the BL series with a few friends... even when the games seems and or feels the same as the prequels or Pre-Sequels or the whatever.
They use a working formula, and put in some new elements over time... and it works, the serie has been a favorite among gamers for a while now.
And i rather see this method, then trying to come up with a new style of gameplay and fail (seen that enough already in my history of gaming)

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
I agree, the smart thing to do is wait on the GOTY, but then if you've already waited that long, then you may as well wait for the GOTY to be 75% off in a summer or winter Steam sale. It's a slippery slope! But based on how the stuff for two went, the GOTY included almost everything while the base game + season pass didn't include the extra characters (which were pretty awesome!)
Or wait til it's in a Humble Bundle for 0.01$...

I agree it looks great but I'm not yet willing to pay 50€ for a DLC. If they had an offer like 50% off if you own BL2, I'd buy it I think.

Forgot your password?