Citizen's Thoughts on 350R vs. M50

Should the M50 be an optional fighter carried on the Andromeda?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

CaptainArchmage

Space Marshal
Mar 22, 2016
RSI Handle
CaptainArchmage
So yesterday I got the M50R and 350R ships. I tried these ships out in PU and these are my opinions.

The ships are both very fast, but the 350R is faster than the M50. I have had an easier time getting the M50 to go against pirates other than pirate M50s, but the 350R seems to work well against all pirates on the basic loadout. I have not changed the weapons on either ship yet.

I flew the M50 yesterday, and had a great time with it. It could use more powerful guns (I need to try different loadouts) but will destroy just about any of the pirate ships available. I have not tried out the ship on Vanduul Swarm.

The 350R has a gimbal for shooting up ships when getting in range (keyboard + mouse), and easily dominates the drake pirates. The 300is or 350rs are the hardest, and the M50s can be shot up by getting in close. I hope the 350R can be used for some cargo hauling, like small and high value items that cannot be transported under a seat.

For aesthetics, the M50 fills a role no other ships has as of now. It is fast to get in and out of, and has the characteristics of a proper fighter. It also has the maneuverability, weapons, and quantum jump capability that makes it useful without a carrier. The M50 could be used as an alternative to the Merlin or Archimedes fighter on the Andromeda, for scouting.

The M50 is the best ship to fly right now, but that will change as bugs are fixed. The 350R has strong points, but the weaknesses are serious bugs that disable the reticles and scanners after hitting mobiglass. I have, however, shot up pirate M50s in the 350R without the reticle.

I wouldn't get any more ships myself now, but I'd buy the M50s for earlier and the 350rs later with in-game credits.

CaptainArchmage

Space Marshal
Mar 22, 2016
RSI Handle
CaptainArchmage
From Vanduul Swarm, it seems like the M50 has a significant manoeuvre advantage over the 350R. The trouble here is the 350R's speed becomes useful for drag racing and escaping from tight situations at higher speeds. Vanduul Swarm results show without upgrading the coolers, 350R guns overheat very quickly unless two ships are on the same Vanduul. Because of this, I voted M50 at the current time.

I do think they can make a decent ship out of the 350R given some more work and bug fixing.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I love both of these ships for racing. One has sheer speed while the other has speed and maneuverability. I picked up the m50 a while back as my goto racer; but will REC the 350 any chance I get to take through the courses.

As far as dog fighting goes..... To date think that I would allow anyone to even fire at my m50 and scratch up its paint is a just disheartening. I mean I crash it numerous times racing around a track.... but no dog fighting in these guys.

Both are fun ships and though I hope the 350 wins the day (so I can CCU a 300 series into the 350) I'll be happy to see more awings.... Errrr M50

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Looking to the new stats, coming with 2.6 (but have been erased herein due to evocati NDA), I can't see any advantage of the 350R anymore; currently.

Forgot your password?