Corsair making TESTphones? Please

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
Hmm, yeah $150 is more than I have ever spent on earphones...

Yet $350 sounds reasonable for an internet spaceship.

Are my priorities screwed up?
Not at all, each person likes different thing, I like nice peripherals more usually. My headphones are usually 200 but frequently 115 on sale (V-moda LP)
Also it looks like they're making a TESTpointer as well!
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/scimitar

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
I do need a new headset...

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'll wait to see about the headphones. I'm pretty picky about them. But the second that mouse is out, it's mine.

Reactions: Jhonon1

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
The headset does look good, and I am definitely in need of one seeing as the left headphone of my last headset has now all but fallen off (seriously, it's just hanging by the wires :(). However, i'm not sure I like the fixed(?) microphone boom how it is, as when I'm not playing games with VOIP, or I'm not in Mumble, I prefer not to have a microphone in front of my face.

For all intents and purposes, it may look good but whether or not I would buy it depends on how well it performs. Personally, I'm skeptical about wireless headphones as I don't feel that the audio quality would be as good as a similarly priced wired headset, but then again I've not tried any recently so I can't judge.

The mouse, on the other hand, looks pretty sweet, so I'll definitely have a closer look into that. Hopefully, if I do get one, it won't be as bad an experience as my first mouse was (it was a R.A.T 3, stopped working after about 3 months, was quite uncomfortable as well). Never tried a mouse with so many buttons on the side, are they usable?!

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
The mouse, on the other hand, looks pretty sweet, so I'll definitely have a closer look into that. Hopefully, if I do get one, it won't be as bad an experience as my first mouse was (it was a R.A.T 3, stopped working after about 3 months, was quite uncomfortable as well). Never tried a mouse with so many buttons on the side, are they usable?!
Very usable. I have a Naga and a Redragon Perdition, both with the same 12 button MMO grid. It's great for tons of games. Obviously designed for MMORPGs, where it replaces the 1 through = row for spells and shit. And it excels at that.

I use it for FPS's too, rebinding- 1-4 Weapon Selection, 5 is Reload, Frag/Special Grenade is 8/9, Melee is 6, Voip is on 10, etc etc.

Great for Star Citizen too! I have shield facings, a macro to swap between Relative and Gimbal mode, target selection, scanning, and something else I can't remember.

Derkerter

Space Marshal
Feb 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Derkerter
For all intents and purposes, it may look good but whether or not I would buy it depends on how well it performs. Personally, I'm skeptical about wireless headphones as I don't feel that the audio quality would be as good as a similarly priced wired headset, but then again I've not tried any recently so I can't judge.
I had an older model of Corsairs wireless headphones, the vengeance 2000, audio was clear, crisp, etc, but was about "average" on things where my v-modas did well (movies, most music). But, in my opinion, it's always good to have multiple sets for different purposes. They were comfy as hell.
i'm not sure I like the fixed(?) microphone boom how it is,
99% sure its a movable boom, basing off how there's a gap where it connects in, which from my experience means it'll swing up
From the corsair site "adjustable, rotating boom "
Can you get them with leather pads instead of that mesh stuff?
Probably not, but <above> My old ones had the mesh, and there were times they were nicer than the leather pads I have now, notably during long use periods on hot days in a small room where the AC is mediocre and the PC is pumping out 150F+. I totally get wanting leather pads though, those things last a long time.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
You had me at special addition!
We should buy it for the corp, and then hold an Auction for it,(or draw) get stickers and place the test logo on it over the corsair logo !

Could hold something like this in your state of the union

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
If I didn't already have a nice, newer headset I'd be all over dat.
Yep. For me, I already have a pair of nice gaming headphones, but I think its definitely something that can't be overlooked

I've been using corsair sp2500 speakers for the last 3 years and love them. They were corsair's first foray into sound, and they sound fantastic! great quality, and I would expect the same from these headphones

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
I've never used a corsair mouse, but since my Logitech g9x is giving me problems after only 6 months it might be time to try that scimitar out.

Forgot your password?