Cyberpunk 2077 (is here!)

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I bought a guide to Cyberpunk right before they announced the 2.0 version...basically, that was the original game. I haven't examined the flow charts in any detail (because I don't want any spoilers), but there were about 4 different "routes" to the main game, that gave you different endings. So, for all the different missions and side-jobs, gigs, etc., you were basically funneled down only about 4 paths. I don't think that really was that bad, but there are definitely limits to how "limitless" any game universe is.

I was kind of bummed, because I did one of the first missions kind of "off-track" and then couldn't contact one of the NPC's (because that led to their death)...but essentially, it didn't lead to any real difference in the main story, if that made any sense.

My only real bummer is that the dialog choices don't really seem to lead to much differences, but maybe I haven't played far enough into the game.

Also, to the people who have played & finished, check out the original vid from 10+ years ago...did this match your play experience expectations? Or was it just a tease to get you excited? lol
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
You do get an extra tiny bit of ultimately meaningless variation in the endings depending who you choose to romance and call in the last mission. There's also 2 other ways, a secret one, and you can choose to simply off yourself. The secret ending leads into one of the four, and the other is self explanatory. I think that was plenty of choice, played out all of em.
With this dlc, as far as I understood, we get an extra way to end the game.

As for the trailer and even the later ones showing off the game, seeing how long it took for them to make it, I expected things to not turn out exactly one to one. I was used to the fact that trailers are just that, and not read anything extra into them unlike others who were thus disappointed in the game when it came out.
I got what I expected, a mostly linear story game set in an open world. For me the game even worked perfectly on launch day and only got buggy once they started patching it lol

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Finally had time to properly finish this run via the new ending.
It was both best possible outcome and the worst possible outcome in one. I think they did a good job, and this is really it. THE END.
I won't be going back into the game. My story is complete. See you in Cyberpunk 2 in 10 years!

There is no loading back to just before the last mission with a congrats screen, like with all other endings. The credits roll, messages play, and that's it. You load back into the main title screen instead of the game, for very good reason.
It wouldn't make sense after you become an NPC. The worst ending, kinda, but I'm willing to take this as the True ending, cos it's the most grounded and realistic imo.

Also, wtf, ya all a bunch of simps! Going weak at the knees cos some fed psyop cyborg girl whispers sweet little lies into your ears? bahh, losers.
1696469768592.png

Reactions: Bambooza

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Lol. I'm being ina good mood today, and considering CDPR is working on a big witcher title and some other possibly new franchise, I'm gonna go with Sq42.

Reactions: Bambooza

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s_3jb1-TKM

Hey Bossman @Montoya, you know about these market shares and trading and stuff, would you consider making a vid on why CDPR stock is down so much when actually they are doing pretty well now?
I can understand that the costs associated with this DLC, and I'm guessing that includes the costs of base game patches and 2.0 as well, are higher than expected at around a 120mil USD, but surely hitting your sales numbers target and also regaining a huge chunk of trust among your customer base is worth something right? Then why is the stock price down 20something percent??

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s_3jb1-TKM

Hey Bossman @Montoya, you know about these market shares and trading and stuff, would you consider making a vid on why CDPR stock is down so much when actually they are doing pretty well now?
I can understand that the costs associated with this DLC, and I'm guessing that includes the costs of base game patches and 2.0 as well, are higher than expected at around a 120mil USD, but surely hitting your sales numbers target and also regaining a huge chunk of trust among your customer base is worth something right? Then why is the stock price down 20something percent??
Not sure what Montoya is going to say but from the few industry related things I've seen the sound of a *pop* might be relevant. The big studios have milked the games money train for all it can squeeze out and while that is still providing a phonominal amount of cash into publishers accounts it's no longer doing the one thing stock markets crave: generating growth.

One of the things pointed to as an indicator of this is the monetisation of release dates, letting players get early access for higher cost Deluxe versions. Release dates are arbitrary lines drawn in the sand and charging an extra $20 for access a week early is, some state, entirely artificial and the sound of the bottom of the monetisation barrel being scraped.

And if I'm right about this it's because I saw it on the Jimquisition.

Forgot your password?