Day 1 of Citizencon 2023 was spectacular!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
After 2016's answer the call, I always have tempered expectations.

Pyro? Yeah I was expecting that, but all of the small QOL features all coming together made me really feel good about this game!

Starting with the last thing they showed us, the map.

Maps are not new or exciting, but seeing their implementation of how it is going to work really cemented a lot of what i felt was missing. Their take on navigation, setting markers and points of interest, its all coming together very nicely!

The new ships, the Zeus, not bad at all. Priced well, they look great! For me, there is just too much overlap with existing ships I already have, so I may skip on them, but the bounty hunter one is pretty unique, I will have to give that some thought.

Server meshing! It was about time we saw something. I need to rewatch the segment again but it looks like they have it down!

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Ill be streaming on twitch and youtube, drop in and hang out beginning 9am PST.

View: https://www.twitch.tv/montoyatest

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
After 2016's answer the call, I always have tempered expectations.

Pyro? Yeah I was expecting that, but all of the small QOL features all coming together made me really feel good about this game!

Starting with the last thing they showed us, the map.

Maps are not new or exciting, but seeing their implementation of how it is going to work really cemented a lot of what i felt was missing. Their take on navigation, setting markers and points of interest, its all coming together very nicely!

The new ships, the Zeus, not bad at all. Priced well, they look great! For me, there is just too much overlap with existing ships I already have, so I may skip on them, but the bounty hunter one is pretty unique, I will have to give that some thought.

Server meshing! It was about time we saw something. I need to rewatch the segment again but it looks like they have it down!

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Ill be streaming on twitch and youtube, drop in and hang out beginning 9am PST.

View: https://www.twitch.tv/montoyatest
Good stuff!

I'm furiously skimming through the Twitch feed. Whereabouts do the devs talk about server meshing?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Other than the cosplay contest, each of the main segments had things that got me all sorts of hyped up & renewed my enthusiasm for Star Citizen. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the contest as I thought they did great, they simply didn't get my adrenaline pumping like some of the hype bombs that were happy surprises to me. Based on the ship segment, it wouldn't surprise me if CIG finishes perfecting the San'tok to be released this next Alien Week 2024. I wish I could say the same for the BMM, but it clearly has much further to go as well as all of the various systems to be working smoothly, so maybe Alien Week June 2025? As for the Star Engine demo, if CIG gets all of that running that smoothly in the PU with a larger player base, I have no doubt that other future MMO's that want similar features to Star Citizen, will want to pay for the usage of the Star Engine. Which could lead to long term financial security to keep the game running & advancing for years afterwards.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
the one important detail that was never once mentioned is when all that stuff is being released to the public Live build.
I believe they stated that they believe that the Zeus ships should be released in about a year. Though the truth based on the history of Star Citizen development is almost always "Soon (tm)"

Reactions: Garonman
Forgot your password?