Drake Herald for beer stealing?

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Does psychological warfare really effectively work in videogames?

While I really enjoy the concept of assaulting an enemy ships communication systems with classy music, can't your opponent just turn the game volume down? And how many people do you know who will be using the dedicated game chat instead of a 3rd party comm system?

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Well, if the ingame comms are as good as promised, with face tracking and character voiceovers, I think people will use it. Not to mention it's easier to talk ingame than to constantly alt-tab out to fiddle with TS or skype.

That being said, I hope you can't mute proximity, I want to blast carameldansen :)

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Well, if the redeemer has those cool(yet physically impossible) wings, there's got to be some way to get your engines to blast out rainbows. :p
I think it will definitely be possible, if you upgrade to the Herald's FABULOUS variant!

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
If you really can't block proximity broadcasts, then just 3 or 4 of these blasting a mind-numbing cacophony will mean that the Herald doesn't 'need' weapons. It just needs to tank damage until the enemy decides they don't want to live anymore and hurls themselves into the nearest asteroid just to make it stop.

Troll squadron is BEST squadron.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
If you really can't block proximity broadcasts, then just 3 or 4 of these blasting a mind-numbing cacophony will mean that the Herald doesn't 'need' weapons. It just needs to tank damage until the enemy decides they don't want to live anymore and hurls themselves into the nearest asteroid just to make it stop.

Troll squadron is BEST squadron.
Maybe the Herald could serve a role more akin to its namesake, aka announcing the arrival of TEST squadron to a battle or area. I was envisioning a squad of them blasting Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture right as the Aurora crash fleet attains ramming speed (sorry for the video quality, it seems Warner Brothers DMCA'ed the better quality ones):
First the overture, yes, yes, the strings, listen carefully, can you hear it, now the brass!
Here comes the crescendo!

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Maybe the Herald could serve a role more akin to its namesake, aka announcing the arrival of TEST squadron to a battle or area. I was envisioning a squad of them blasting Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture right as the Aurora crash fleet attains ramming speed (sorry for the video quality, it seems Warner Brothers DMCA'ed the better quality ones):
First the overture, yes, yes, the strings, listen carefully, can you hear it, now the brass!
Here comes the crescendo!

Just have it play a long, drawn out bass horn note, like they do for monsters and giant ships in movies.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaann

"Oh fuck me, it's TEST."

Forgot your password?