Elder Scrolls Online

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
i ordered a key, but i don't know if i will use it. i still have 24 hours to decide. i hope PVP is any good.

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
Bluchew in game, only at lvl 7. Im really enjoying the main story and random side quests. Heard the pvp is even better but only unlock-able at 10.

Edit: I guess people are found by profile names mine is @AtivanLoko

Last edited:

Trollmann

Admiral
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
trollmann
Depends. If you are a hardcore MMORPG fan(like WoW) or a hardcore RP (like Elder Scrolls) fan it maybe isn't for you.
If you don't like the "Gather X/Y", "Kill N/M" type of quest it could be for you.

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
I dropped my sub, too many bugs (especially if your trying to group) and I honestly don't feel like dropping $15 per month. IMO, the only thing that is holding onto subs would be the PvP.

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
Now that this has been out for a bit I am getting feedback from a few friends. General consensus seems to be: Lots of bugs, Lack of content, the feel of it being more single player oriented rather than being a true Mmorpg. All in all a very rocky start for a triple A title and a lot of things that should have been fixed prior to launch. Many reported bugs in the betas seemed to be carried into launch which is sad because that's what betas are for to find broke stuff and fix it before release. Can't catch everything but what I am hearing is there a good deal and prior reported one's so no excuse.

On the flip side of things they like the pvp though they feel at times it can be a zerg fest. Naturally they enjoy the story as they enjoy the Elder Scrolls universe. They find the graphics good and the darker tone enjoyable. Overall all though I am hearing a lot of people similar to Blu who are dropping their subs or only subbing for another month to see this new adventure zone thing or whatever. If they don't like it subs won't be continuing past June most likely. It seems the lack of raids is one of the major gripes but again these are people I know who play it and some streamer. Can't say for the overall player base.

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
It almost seems Zenimax is attempting to squander as much money as possible before they eventually go F2P (I guarantee it will go F2P). Charging 42,000 gold for a mount when most of your npc's only carry 1-2 gold (including bosses) or you can pay $20 for CE and get a Imperial horse, not to mention the maps are huge... hmmm, smells like a marketing strategy to meh.

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
It is disappointing but I had the feeling they may very well happen even prior to it's launch. I was hearing way to much negativity and lack of content on top of it being a buggy mess. My one buddy literally couldn't continue past a part of the main quest or whatever due to it glitching on him and had to wait until a GM finally got around to it. Of course he could have dropped the quest but apparently it took a shit ton of stuff to get to that point and he would have to start from the beginning.

It is a sad state of affairs for MMO's even those that are supposed to be triple A titles like these. It is why I adopted the strategy of waiting at least 6 months to play any new one's (Besides SC of course). I know it will put me behind the curve of players who were in from the start but I feel it gives me a good deal of insight to the game. It allows time for content to come out, show that developers are dedicated, see if the game is any good and see if it is on the path to f2p or not. Been burned in the past with that bs and it is so disappointing. Honestly at this time the only recent triple A MMO I respect is FF:XIV. When first released it was a shit show, Square took it down completely because players were pissed about it. Proceeded to get new developers, fix it up and add a bunch of shit and in my opinion release a far better game that has only been growing in popularity. These days it's like a mad cash grab for a shit game on everyone's hype then when the bitching reaches max level give a big fuck you to the players by making it F2P as an excuse not to fix it. This trend is so damn sickening and I only see it continuing down the line.

To be fair though some do F2P right like Rift but most end up being turds with every damn thing locked in the game unless you buy shit.

Reactions: BluChew

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Anybody play ESO nowadays? Wanted to get back into it but the only people I play with are out of country and can't get on.

Varil Rau

Lieutenant
Jun 1, 2014
RSI Handle
Varil Rau
Anybody play ESO nowadays? Wanted to get back into it but the only people I play with are out of country and can't get on.
I started playing this again, thye fixed most of the broken stuff so its pretty good fun. EU server and my name in is @docharmless

Forgot your password?